Hello & Welcome to Ambient Online Forums
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    02:36 PM

HALion 6 is here

Here are some first live-on-video-experiments with HALion 6, re-synthesizing/wavetabling some samples, experimenting with the different modes, WT spread, detuning, speed, formant modulation and so forth - for re-synthesis and wavetabling I do think HALion 6 is a game changer, the sound quality and possibility to combine waveforms from different samples in one wavetable just via drag&drop is highly intuitive and will result in an abundance of new, interesting sounds...

Resynthesis - Piano String played with a pencil

Resynthesis - Vocal phrase

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sampleconstruct For This Useful Post:

Windspace (02-10-2017)

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    More video experiments - wavetable pad made in HALion 6, using two wavetables I extracted/re-synthesized from electronic textures made for my Iris subscription, laying out some chords, tweaking the modulation wheel and 3 assigned Macros on the fly.

The whole wave-tabling thing can get pretty CPU-intense, problem for me in LogicX: there is no multi-core support in HALion 6, at least not in the AU version of the plugin so everything runs on 1 core. And why the didn't add more polyphonic LFOs and some new filter models in HALion 6 is beyond me, well, I'll keep on begging...

But the artifact-freeness of the re-synthesis is simply amazing - I spent weeks of my life removing faulty waveforms/smoothening transitions and whatnot in the Serum WT editor, unfortunately H6 uses it's own wavetable format, so the the WTs one creates in H6 can only be used in H6. But the glass is definitely more than half full in HALion 6

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 02-12-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    Re-synthesized glockenspiel sequence in HALion 6 wavetable synth, using the Exponential mode for the re-synthesis limiting marker amount to 40, later dragging some of the 40 markers around to find the right waveforms. The tinkling sound in the pad also results from modulating formants with a slow random LFO. Quite beautiful...

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    After learning some more about the SPECTRUM editor in H6 and how to manipulate phases and other things, here is another video experiment:

Re-synthesizing/wave-tabling a choir recording with speech and lot's of consonants, placing the markers manually, manipulating the resulting wavetable in various ways - highly experimental.

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    HALion 6 wavetable sound - re-synthesized/wave-tabled cello sample (flautato articulation) in two wavetable oscillators, OSC1 was edited on the Spectrum page to modify the harmonics and phases, OSC2 was left untouched.

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    Re-synthesizing/wave-tabling one of my Hang loops with HALion 6 resulting in a rhythmical, vocoder-like sound, tweaking things on the fly live on video.

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    Halion 6 wavetable bass, using a WT extracted from a synth drone. WT index can be randomized via Macros, multi-spread too - tweaking things on the fly in the video, adding filter distortion, filter envelope, applying amp envelope to WT index via the modulation wheel, tweaking the formants and stuff...

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    A re-synthesized/wave-tabled euphonium swell with flutter tongue articulation (from a studio recording of one of my compositions), the wavetable markers are synced to host tempo, a tempo-synced, re-triggering LFO (ramp up) modulates various things like formants/filter cutoff/detune.

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 02-18-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks
    Local Date
    02-25-2017
    Local Time
    Re-syntheszing/wave-tabling a speech recording (2 words -> my wife Andrea->actress) from a recent project with Halion 6, tweaking things on the fly live on video, laying out some chords, getting lost...