I have spent some time with the T-Racks EQPG on a couple of my recent projects. I have found it to be very useful for making "surgical" EQ cuts on synth patches which exhibit "ringiness" or excessive resonance. Conversely it is great for EQ boosts too. That is something I have shied away from in the past. The preamp emulation also allows for some degree of harmonic tweaking which can add interest to synth sounds.

I've also been playing with their quad-band compressor in my attempts to impart new life to some 1980 Prog recordings. I'm not a big fan of compression, but I thought that Novoid could use a little aural excitement. I used a patch intended for use with vocal channels on the "master", and dropped some of the gain settings. I managed to achieve a louder master (no surprises there), but with a decent DR figure - 12, and I think the resulting wav file sounds slightly better in the mid-range, particularly the instruments.

I have just completed the 2015 remix of Terraform, so, by my reckoning, the next album is now almost 56% complete. This remix involved changing a few chords, minor tweaks to some of the percussion, and making some adjustments to the Wave2.V patches. Next I switched out all of the reverbs for newer acquisitions, although I decided to leave Freeverb3 on the SD2 kit because I loved its sound. I have tweaked all of the channel EQ settings, made a few minor panning adjustments, releveled and added Satin to the master. This came out of eXT with with a -10dB peak on the master, which was exactly what I was aiming for. I processed it using my "goto" mastering chain in T-Racks, The resulting master is a little "quieter" than the earlier version, but the DR figure has increased significantly. This is the fourth version of Terraform, and I hope that will be an end to it. I'll probably replace the earlier version next week, when I've had more time to get used to this one.

I'll probably make the project file for my next remix - Offsets, later tonight. This is one of my favourite tracks, but I seem to remember that the last remix was quite difficult due to some stability problems with one of the VSTis. We'll see how that goes, but I am expecting problems.

A new musical project has appeared on the horizon. I currently have no idea how it will pan out, or what it will involve, but I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

This week I plan to purchase Echobode. I'm hoping that this will be my last delay purchase - it should be, I certainly have enough of them