Sharing is caring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing is caring

Does anyone try and share music on social media pertaining to new artists that they know are not well known? I was thinking the other day about helping fellow artists get their music heard. I enjoy giving feedback and listening to new music. If anyone is interested let me know

Hi, Jorge

Social media?

Do you mean Facebook and Twitter?

If so, I have given up on both of those platforms now. I still have a synkrotron page on both platforms. Twitter was hard work and Facebook gives me barely any listens over at SoundCloud.

For me, the best platform for interacting with other artists is SoundCloud.

And, of course, we have our member release forums here. I try to be as active there as time allows.

As for the "not well known" thing. Isn't that all of us here?

cheers

andy
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Yes I do mean that. I don't use Facebook or Twitter at all. I mainly use instagram because I play my own music at times on the videos I record. Soundcloud, I am active on. Listening to other artists and giving them feedback. Basically, I would like to help spread music specifically on social media where it can take the new listener to the soundcloud page or wherever the music is located for the artist. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this to help all of us on the forum lol

Comment

If an artists music is specific and organized, they can get a net label to sign them. Then the label sees that they get exposure on various mediums.
        There are also streaming radio stations who take on artists into their playlists and that's also exposure.
        I'm not doing either of these. Some here are. I myself don't tread along paths to social media, so I'm out.
        "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
        Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Yea I am noticing that most people on here are against spotify. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cydetrack View Post
            Yea I am noticing that most people on here are against spotify. Why is that?
            I don't know, ask them.

I said earlier;
            I'm not doing either of these. Some here are. I myself don't tread along paths to social media, so I'm out.
            I want to clarify this, I meant to say I am not doing thiese, not that I wouldn't.
            Last edited by annode; 09-13-2019, 09:07 AM.
            "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
            Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Working...
            X