Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    :eek::eek:I am the skeleton in the closet :eek::eek:

.....and it's dark in here.

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied
    So how about starting the 'Amazing music you've never heard' thread then? I'm sure we all have those bands that we love in our collection that we think no one else knows

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryG View Post
    Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
    Favorite group of all time: Ida.
    Ida are great! Became aware of them when they played with Low (one of my fave bands), think they did a split single too (or was that just Ida Pearle...? 'K' or something...) I get fuzzy...

Not sure how anyone would laugh at a lot of your other selections; Bjork? Mogwai? Not for everyone but, hell, hardly the Carpenters. ;)

Tsunami: They were good, did you ever hear Jenny Toomeys solo cd 'Antidote'? Amazing, she has an amazing voice and the arrangements on that disk just compliment it perfectly.
    You mean to tell me there's another person on the planet earth who has actually heard of my favorite band?! Impossible. For the past 20 years of my life I've been TELLING people about Ida, never relating to anyone because nobody has ever heard of them. That's amazing Gary! I have almost all of their albums...even some of the rare ones. I've even gone so far as to email their record company looking for the rare "live" CD but nowhere to be found. Just hearing you say it made my evening.

Oh and you know who Jenny Toomey is too? Speechless. I saved the hand written thank you note I got from Simple Machines records for many years. No joke.

Cheers! :D

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Favorite group of all time: Ida.
    Ida are great! Became aware of them when they played with Low (one of my fave bands), think they did a split single too (or was that just Ida Pearle...? 'K' or something...) I get fuzzy...

Not sure how anyone would laugh at a lot of your other selections; Bjork? Mogwai? Not for everyone but, hell, hardly the Carpenters. ;)

Tsunami: They were good, did you ever hear Jenny Toomeys solo cd 'Antidote'? Amazing, she has an amazing voice and the arrangements on that disk just compliment it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Ciberithm
    replied
    Skeletons. You want skeletons? You've come to the right place.

In no particular order...here's some classic skeletons just waiting to be smiled upon and laughed at in the history of the man known as S1gns Of L1fe.

Favorite group of all time: Ida. Look them up. Husband and wife folk duo. Now singing kids songs, go figure. Have listened to no artist more hours. That includes Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

Sarah Mclachlan, Bjork, Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Joseph Arthur, Lori Mckenna, Juliana Hatfield, Tracy Chapman, Ani Difranco, Sade, The Secret Stars, Tsunami, Organized Konfusion, Jedi Mind Tricks, Grouch, Eligh, Mogwai, Death, Dredg...
    Enjoy!
    I've got a few of those skeletons as well. I love female vocals, and that includes Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, and Tracy Chapman. I'll add to that list with Aimee Mann, Joni Mitchell, Kate Bush, Loreena McKennitt, Suzanne Vega, Nina Simone, and Sarah Vaughn.

I also have every album by Metallica, several by White Zombie, and an assortment of heavy metal recordings from the last several decades. I even listen to opera, especially Puccini.

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Skeletons. You want skeletons? You've come to the right place.

In no particular order...here's some classic skeletons just waiting to be smiled upon and laughed at in the history of the man known as S1gns Of L1fe.

Favorite group of all time: Ida. Look them up. Husband and wife folk duo. Now singing kids songs, go figure. Have listened to no artist more hours. That includes Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

Sarah Mclachlan, Bjork, Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Joseph Arthur, Lori Mckenna, Juliana Hatfield, Tracy Chapman, Ani Difranco, Sade, The Secret Stars, Tsunami, Organized Konfusion, Jedi Mind Tricks, Grouch, Eligh, Mogwai, Death, Dredg...

You name it, it's been in my closet. :biggrin:

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• MetaDronos
    replied
    And what about John CARPENTER and his excellent "The Fog" soundtrack? ;)

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied
    Originally posted by Pyne View Post
    Originally posted by robojam View Post
    I kind of thought it was an unwritten rule that if you're over 30 you're allowed to love the Carpenters? :D
    I'll be 38 next month and....well, just no. :razz:
    Karen Carpenter didn't do enough blast beats for you? :D

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    I kind of thought it was an unwritten rule that if you're over 30 you're allowed to love the Carpenters? :D
    Yeah, think I'm with Pyne on this one.

Unless it's in a super-ironic, hipster, Sonic Youth kinda way...

:D

Leave a comment:

• Pyne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pyne
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    I no longer have any skeletons in my music closet. The stench and the flies became too much, so I had to bury them in the backyard late one night.
    Sometimes, they come back :eek:
    [Ramones] "I don't want to be buried, in a Pet Sematary" [/Ramones]

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I no longer have any skeletons in my music closet. The stench and the flies became too much, so I had to bury them in the backyard late one night.
    Sometimes, they come back :eek:

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied
    Nothing wrong with the Carpenters. I kind of thought it was an unwritten rule that if you're over 30 you're allowed to love the Carpenters? :D

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    When I was 8, I listened to Bobby Sherman's "The Drum" over and over.

The next year it was The Carpenter's "Top of the World"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X