No announcement yet.

Next SoundCloud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Audiomack and Heartthis are the best alternatives (when it comes to funcionality) right now, but their interface design are both terrible at this point. If they improve in that they could be a good soundcloud killer.

Comment

• Here's a very interesting article about a possible future direction of music rights that exhorts the creation of a completely new digital format using Blockchain technology that will enable artists. The embedded video is well worth watching.
      You most likely have heard of crypto currency and Bitcoins, but the full power of this digital revolution is hidden below. Blockchain technology may well be the technology that will change the way …
      Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail, there’s only make.— John Cage
      Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

Comment

• Originally posted by windspace View Post
        Here's a very interesting article about a possible future direction of music rights that exhorts the creation of a completely new digital format using Blockchain technology that will enable artists. The embedded video is well worth watching.
        How have you found using Ello, Bruce?
        The blockchain use looks very interesting - I bought the Tapscott book when it came out and this was the sort of thing they found most exciting about blockchain tech.
        SOUNDCLOUD https://soundcloud.com/greghooper
        SPOTIFY https://open.spotify.com/artist/6cbbq2ZO0cjaKXquorwchW

Comment

• I believe Ello is something that you get of what you put in to it. And, honestly, I have not been putting in much effort or spending much time there lately. Also, even though we upgraded to a faster ISP, it comes with a price - a data cap (such is rural internet life in Amerika). Ello seems to be such a high data use site with all the graphics that I rarely go there now.

You mentioned Orfium in a previous post. I started a profile there and it seemed a good thing, but apart form a small cadre of fellow AO members who also started their Orfium presence at about the same time, absolutely nobody else ever listened to my tracks there. Also, it seemed that racks were being taken from Orfium and put up on pirate type music sites. So I canceled Orfium and deleted my content.
          Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail, there’s only make.— John Cage
          Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

Comment

• I'm still on Ello, and occasionally post there, but I think it's quiet when compared to Twitter. I'm not a big fan of the layout/gui, but I can just about handle it. I logged in a couple of days ago and wasn't able to access my profile, although it was working again yesterday.

Orfium is quieter that one of my ambient intros. I haven't had a play there in 18 months, although I only have one track posted there. It's a relatively simple task to steal tracks from any online streaming service (or, so I hear). I don't think Orfium was particularly vulnerable to that sort of activity.
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
            X