MADNESSDEALS.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MADNESSDEALS.COM

I know I am probably wasting my time, fighting a losing battle, and all that stuff, but there is nothing that winds me up more than one of those madnessdeals.com dick heads leaving a like on one of my soundcloud tracks.

Over the last couple of months I've been blocking and reporting for spam all of those users. I also follow up with an e-mail to [email protected] listing those user.

Not only that, if I happen upon another persons track that has been liked by one of the madnessdeals users, I block, report and e-mail SC.

I've sent another e-mail this morning reporting over thirty such users. It took me half an hour to go through recently uploaded tracks, but it makes me feel a bit better...
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

What is the catch when they like a song?

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
      What is the catch when they like a song?
      The image used for their profile advertises the madness deals.com website.

Might not be an issue to some but it really annoys me...
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

I have the same issue on SC and Twitter. SPAM SPAM
        Regards, Dan Stanley of imogen projekt.

Comment

Don't ask me to explain why, but I've long suspected that SC actually have a hand in all of this themselves, as they are benefiting from these activities as well..hence the lack of interest or action on their part.

Sure, then tell you that you can complain, but I know from past experience that reported accounts have been left active long after reports have been made.

These days I just block them and move on..as there's basically sod all I can do about them..and they're not really worth getting upset over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
            Don't ask me to explain why, but I've long suspected that SC actually have a hand in all of this themselves, as they are benefiting from these activities as well..hence the lack of interest or action on their part.
            Most social media (such as Twitter) use automated tools(to catch things like spamming) and I suspect the use of manual tools and "investigations" on reported accounts typically gets farmed/outsourced far outside of their company's walls. I recall Gawker had articles on how FB does it years back and was kind of enlightening. Very little of it gets high priority, they'd rather spend the $ and resources elsewhere. When these practices are industry wide I wouldn't expect SC to be any different or better, and on the flip side spammers typically know how to game the system at least to some extent.

https://about.twitter.com/safety/enforcement

http://gawker.com/5885714/inside-fac...-crushed-heads

https://www.wired.com/2014/10/content-moderation/

(tldr; everyone prefers the path of profitable over efficiency)
            Last edited by Ambire Seiche; 09-18-2016, 09:31 PM.
            | Ambire Seiche - @ heart this | @ Sonic Squirrel |
            | @da

Comment

Working...
            X