Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you listen to your own music?

Do you listen to your own music?

I must admit that I listen to my own tracks often (and no, this is not narcissistic ;) I simply like my music).

Of course most of music I listen to is not only mine, but my tracks have strong representation on my playlists.
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Only when I'm checking mixes/showing other people my tracks when they're here. I hate my tracks once they're finished and I can't listen to them for a while after completing them.
    Music for Modern People
    Soundcloud
    - Bandcamp - Facebook

Comment

I have to admit I do as well. I write things, as well as I am able, to suit myself.

The drawback to this is that through repeated listenings, the mistakes, or faults become less apparent as the work becomes more familiar. Each piece develops it's own rhythm.

As an example to illustrate: I had a cassette tape of the Talking Heads More Songs About Buildings and Food in the late 70's that had damage to it on a small section of tape--it had been stretched. Even though that recording has been gone for decades, when I listen to it today I still expect that sound and almost hear it when I play the CD.

Comment

I listen to them a lot. I make them for myself anyway. I'm always looking for improvements. I've remixed some of my tracks 3 or 4 times already.

If anyone else likes them, that's a welcome but unexpected bonus.
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

You kind of have to as part of the process, don't you?
          My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

I make the kind of thing I want to listen to, so of course I listen to it.

Comment

Same here.

I make music for me.

It probably sounds rather self-centered, but I like to listen to what I've created, pretty often, actually.

Not to say I haven't listened to Language of the Ancients about 30 times. ;)

Comment

Abso-freaking-lutely!!! Afterall, what's the point in creating these beautiful worlds and soundscapes if one doesn't revisit them from time to time? The process of producing ambient music isn't easy...and fatigue can set in after awhile. However, I find that if you let some time pass...maybe a couple weeks or even a month, revisiting those tracks can be one of the most satisfying experiences that producing can offer. At least from my perspective...at that point I've stopped listening for mistakes and I'm enjoying those magical moments of success.

My 2 cents!!!

-S1gns
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I do listen to my stuff from time to time, but mostly from a critical perspective. I can't help but get minutely critical if I do though, so don't do it too much or I just want to go back and fix things

Comment

Alternate answer:

Yes. If I don't, who will?

:lol:

Comment

The six guys manacled to the far wall of my lounge, that's who:eek:
                      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Yes, though not constantly or anything.
                        "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

Comment

So I'm searching through bandcamp tonight and I stumble across a fans page who just so happened to buy not one, but both of my albums. Not only that, but he left a glowing review on my first album. I stopped, read the review, and streamed what he considered his favorite track, the song "Langauge of the Ancients" and listened to it, and felt that same enjoyment I first felt when the song came to life almost 6 months ago.

Sometimes things get better with age. :tu:
                          Synphaera Records
                          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I listen to my own tracks. To some degree, that's why I tried to push into more industrial music in the past and have made (rather poor) attempts at IDM, dubstep etc. -- because it works just as well while driving or exercising, which is where I do a lot of my music listening. :D

Comment

Yes I do, quite often as well.
                              Simply because I create music that I want to hear, I create it for my self.
                              It's just a bonus of someone else likes it.
                              http://www.soundcloud.com/tarmskrap

Comment

Working...
                              X