Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Music That Nobody Seems To Talk About

Back Door.

Quite possibly the most underrated 3-piece Jazz/Blues combo ever. Bar none. Their first album generates more energy than the National Grid. Oh yeah. These guys can play a little.

Here is the Vienna Breakdown from that very album:-

Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Punishment of Luxury. Only really released 2 real albums, both of which were damn good!

Recently released on CD so think I'll get them, but unfortunately with tracks missing from the original albums. Can't really think of any other band that sounds like them.

Comment

I thought they sounded a little like a "harder-edged" version of the late '70s XTC
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

vienna breakdown is amazing...thanks for the hint. Not all that easy to get a hold of these back door albums, though...
        www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

I picked up the CD new about 6 years ago for a regular price, but I also have the vinyl from the second release on Warner Bros. that I bought in about 1979. The original release on Blakey records was changing hands for silly money 35 years ago.

If you can find it, it's probably worth the effort. The tracks on the album are of consistently high quality.

Comment

I have just found a couple of sites that offer some Back Door recordings

One of these offers a CD (The Human Bed) of live sessions from the BBC in '73-'74, with 3 tracks from their debut album, plus 11 others. I think it would work out quite expensive (£16) with postage to Europe.

The other is a 2003 CD containing 6 2003 re-recordings of tracks from the Back Door album, and 13 others. This is £10 but I don't know whether they offer overseas shipping. I've ordered this just now. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Kinghorse.
              Had this album on cassette back in the day. Love it. An obscure short-lived rock band, but these guys really captured something. Every member of the band was strong in their role. Not sure you can even get this anymore.
              "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

Comment

Greazy Meal - Awesome funk band from Minneapolis. I saw them twice and they rocked the house and played the longest sets.
                Released two albums.

and one more:
                Last edited by Frozen Lonesome; 05-07-2013, 09:07 AM.
                https://soundcloud.com/steve-raizen
                https://www.facebook.com/FrozenLonesome

Comment

SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                  Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                  "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Six singers and one SAW OSCILLATOR ;)

SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Who needs a Stradivarius?

Comment

I think I mentioned them before somewhere, but I really like Silver Apples (the two albums from the sixties anyway). Very much a taste thing I think, but definitely some weird stuff going on there. But be prepared for a couple of banjo tracks on the second album...

Comment

One of my favorite bands, ever.

Hum

3 albums, not much radio play. This was there most commercial single which you might remember: "Stars"

The rest of the album "You'd Prefer an Astronaut" is easily in my top 5 albums of all time. I think much of my love for feedback comes from this band. I heard Hendrix do it when I was young, but this album really made me aware of how a guitar could be a drone instrument if you played it right. :rockon:
                          Synphaera Records
                          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                          X