Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recant - ElectroProg (Seismic Backtracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recant - ElectroProg (Seismic Backtracking)

I originally recorded this in November 2010. It sat around on my hard drive doing nothing in particular for 3 years. I just gave it a little dizziness. This is minimal in terms of instrumentation, if not in length

Last edited by seismic1; 11-03-2015, 06:50 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Well I can't speak for the original, but I can't imagine this track 'sitting around' for even a few seconds...:D
    More comments on t'cloud
    My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
    Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen, Mike. Glad you liked it

I thought this was atypically upbeat and "poppy", so I was debating whether to post it at all. It seemed much too cheerful/happy. You have to go with the flow, I suppose.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I had this track rocking yesterday in the house...even my wife said "oh something different?" INDEED!

I'm definitely not one to shy away from enjoying material like this. Always a big fan of your work. I like how you pull from the past and make it the present. You stay true to your vision as an artist and just put it out there.

Like this track! :tu:

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post

I thought this was atypically upbeat and "poppy", so I was debating whether to post it at all. It seemed much too cheerful/happy. You have to go with the flow, I suppose.
          Absolutely go with the flow - generally speaking, there's not enough happiness in ambient music (and I'll include some of my own stuff in that sweeping statement ;)) so a bit of positivity is a real tonic for the soul :D
          My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
          Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
            I had this track rocking yesterday in the house...even my wife said "oh something different?" INDEED!

I'm definitely not one to shy away from enjoying material like this. Always a big fan of your work. I like how you pull from the past and make it the present. You stay true to your vision as an artist and just put it out there.

Like this track! :tu:

Cheers,
            -S1gns
            Hey, S1gns. Thanks for listening and thanks to your wife too :D Glad you enjoyed it. I try not to be selective when releasing new tracks, which seems to give me the impetus to finish things off, instead of letting them ferment on my hard drive. I have three more tracks from 2010/2011 to polish and then I can resume work on the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
              Originally posted by seismic1 View Post

Absolutely go with the flow - generally speaking, there's not enough happiness in ambient music (and I'll include some of my own stuff in that sweeping statement ;)) so a bit of positivity is a real tonic for the soul :D
              I know what you mean, but I'm usually happiest when I'm miserable , and in a minor key.

Comment

I just remixed this due to some inconsistencies in the gated synth timing. The new version gives the track more groove variation. If anyone fancies an acid bath, this is the place place to be

The new version can be found at the original link

Comment

This got me movin' today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
                    This got me movin' today!!
                    Glad to hear it :tu:

Eviction can be a traumatic experience

Comment

Working...
                    X