Swollen (2012 Remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen (2012 Remix)

This track was originally made in July 2010, but has never been heard in public until today (and probably won't be heard again ) :razz:

Lots of technical problems encountered along the way, I managed to deploy Permut8 (beatrick f/w) on a second track. FerricTDS makes another appearance too. There is some bass layering on here.

.....and now on video too. Many Thanks to M.Brosel at KVR.

Happy New Year
    Last edited by seismic1; 10-31-2015, 04:04 PM. Reason: Added video
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Tim, I'm diggin this track!!! A lot to love here...that bass is solid and with those energetic synths, adds quite a bit of punch! Like the every now and then stutter of the drums...super tight. Nice rhythmic progression throughout!

Overall a really cool track...could be used in a game, film, TV...but then again probably won't since it's an ambient online exclusive release!!! :D

Cheers and happy new year to you as well!
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Thanks for the listen and the positive comments, S1gns. Glad you liked it I tried something new with this track. I had 3 basslines running in parallel towards the end. I normally layer my midrange synths, but I thought I would try something different here.

Not quite exclusive. I have it on KVR too. A pity there's no room for it on the album :frown:
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Hopefully I'll be adding a video for this tomorrow - Make that later today
        Last edited by seismic1; 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM. Reason: Tempus Fugit

Comment

ANOTHER great track, Tim!

I wish I had your talent. :blush:

Comment

Thanks very much for listening, Dax, and for the compliments, but I fear it not so much talent, but a combination of luck and persistence.:dunno:

Comment

Great track! I really like the bass line. and the arppeggios. and the synths. and...

Comment

and da riddim...

Comment

Thanks for checking this out, ho66it. I'm really glad you enjoyed it

BTW, I added a video to the original post. Thanks to M. Brosel at KVR

Comment

I dusted this off in 2017, with a cosmetic remix (EQ and saturation changes), and remastered it on the old computer in November 2019.

The third album is now over half-completed, and an ambient album release has just moved slightly closer too.

Comment

Hiya Tim

It's always a pleasure listening to your electro prog stuff

I've just listened to the 2017 version for now. I will listen to the original and watch the video a bit later.

cheers

andy
                      I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Listened to a bit of the original and then the whole remix- I don't really notice a lot of difference except the overall volume's been toned down a couple of db- but I'm listening on the iPad and although they're good for small speakers, they are not my studio monitors. The piece sounds great on here, though!
                        https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
                        https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
                        https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                          Hiya Tim

It's always a pleasure listening to your electro prog stuff

I've just listened to the 2017 version for now. I will listen to the original and watch the video a bit later.

cheers

andy
                          Thanks very much for checking this one out, Andy. Glad you enjoyed it

Musically, the original is no different to the new remix. The only mix changes I made for the newer version were a few slight panning and levelling alterations, EQ tweaks, and a different saturator. The mastering chain was a different matter entirely. I went from T-Racks 3 on the original, to Elevate, and then changed that to T-Racks 5 with no common modules in each chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
                            Listened to a bit of the original and then the whole remix- I don't really notice a lot of difference except the overall volume's been toned down a couple of db- but I'm listening on the iPad and although they're good for small speakers, they are not my studio monitors. The piece sounds great on here, though!
                            Hi SB.

The newer master is just over 0.5 dB higher in both LuFS and RMS terms, and is ever so slightly lower in terms of Peak levels. It also has a slightly lower dynamic range, but I was aiming for that sort of sound, without wishing to participate in "The Loudness War". Last year I acquired IK's Stealth Limiter, and I seemed to "click" with it almost immediately, having been nervous with limiters generally in the past. I won't be using it on my next track, which is a return to ambient underworld musings.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Incidentally, you may not have noticed, but the audio at the beginning of the track has "cut-off". The attack phase of the first note is incomplete! I was going to re-render and re-master the track, but I checked the wavs from the mix and master (which I uploaded to SC) and the note is complete. I guess it's another glitch in the streaming codec at SC. 21st century problems.
                              Last edited by seismic1; 02-05-2020, 07:29 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Working...
                              X