Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field Of Dreams (ElectroProg - Seismic Shakedown)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Field Of Dreams (ElectroProg - Seismic Shakedown)

    This is an oldie that I have just reworked (again) with a view to releasing it on my next album which is currently scheduled for release in September 2015. Slippage may (and probably will) occur:whiteflag:

    This remix was focused on reverb and EQ tweaks, with Freeverb3 being replaced by Breeze. I also got to use the new T-Racks EQ PG. Satin went onto the master bus, as usual. The track features Waldorf's Wave 2.V, whose sound I dearly love, but don't make nearly enough use of.

    I hope you like it

    Last edited by seismic1; 11-22-2015, 11:10 AM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

  • #2
    Amazing, I love the drums and percussion:listening: Looking forward to the album, good luck with it! :-)
    https://organicpatterns.bandcamp.com
    https://soundcloud.com/organicpatterns
    https://twitter.com/OrganicPatterns

    https://www.facebook.com/OrganicPatt...homepage_panel

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it

      I have three drumkits on here. Sampled Tabla, and Electro kits from EnergyXT, and an 808 kit from Drumatic3. I like using a mix'n'(mis)match approach with percussion . It's something I started doing 3-4 years ago, and I just stayed with it.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Organic Patterns View Post
        Amazing, I love the drums and percussion:listening: Looking forward to the album, good luck with it! :-)
        Yes I very much agree with Organic. Absolutely love those percussion sounds. They really work. And that acidy feel to around 0:46. How did I miss this? Lots of interesting things all weaving in and out of eachother. Especially how you have executed keeping steady all the different sounds. Like to much can kill a song if its not done right. But I think you have nailed this track. Good job seis and thanks for sharing this gem :tu:
        life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

        https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by richy tronik View Post
          Originally posted by Organic Patterns View Post
          Amazing, I love the drums and percussion:listening: Looking forward to the album, good luck with it! :-)
          Yes I very much agree with Organic. Absolutely love those percussion sounds. They really work. And that acidy feel to around 0:46. How did I miss this? Lots of interesting things all weaving in and out of eachother. Especially how you have executed keeping steady all the different sounds. Like to much can kill a song if its not done right. But I think you have nailed this track. Good job seis and thanks for sharing this gem :tu:
          Hey, Richy. Good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well.

          I wrote this about 5 years ago when I was going through a bad musical patch. I wasn't really very happy with it at the time. I left it alone for a couple of years, remixed it, and it started sounding like something I could listen to, although the remix wasn't structural, only cosmetic. The latest remix is more of the same, little tweaks here and there. I like the percussion, but my favourite part is the Pro-53/Wave layered pads.

          Thanks for listening and commenting, Richy. Glad you liked it

          Talk to you soon.
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

          Comment


          • #6
            Definetely a fantastic track. I like this kind of music that is electronic (without being sterile) and ambient(ish) without being pure ambient either.
            Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
            Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it

            I have three drumkits on here. Sampled Tabla, and Electro kits from EnergyXT, and an 808 kit from Drumatic3. I like using a mix'n'(mis)match approach with percussion . It's something I started doing 3-4 years ago, and I just stayed with it.
            I am a firm believer that mix and match of drum sounds/kits is the way to go. Big thumbs up there also. :thumbsup:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AlienXXX View Post
              Definetely a fantastic track. I like this kind of music that is electronic (without being sterile) and ambient(ish) without being pure ambient either.
              Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
              Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it

              I have three drumkits on here. Sampled Tabla, and Electro kits from EnergyXT, and an 808 kit from Drumatic3. I like using a mix'n'(mis)match approach with percussion . It's something I started doing 3-4 years ago, and I just stayed with it.
              I am a firm believer that mix and match of drum sounds/kits is the way to go. Big thumbs up there also. :thumbsup:
              Thanks very much for the positive comments, AlienXXX. Glad you liked it

              This is the sort of thing that I love making. Taking elements from various genres and forcing them to live together. A little like a guidance counsellor, maybe. That extends to the drums too. I should be able to take this to another extreme with the recent release of the Echobode VST. I plan to use some fancy routing via Echobode into Stutter Edit in the near future.
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

              Comment


              • #8
                loved it. sounds good & has a very nice atmosphere to it. I really liked the mix ...there's not too much going on & all the different elements have space to breathe!
                www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
                  loved it. sounds good & has a very nice atmosphere to it. I really liked the mix ...there's not too much going on & all the different elements have space to breathe!
                  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, phoenstorm. This one does have quite a "soft" sound. Glad you enjoyed it
                  Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X