Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Field Of Dreams (ElectroProg - Seismic Shakedown)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Of Dreams (ElectroProg - Seismic Shakedown)

This is an oldie that I have just reworked (again) with a view to releasing it on my next album which is currently scheduled for release in September 2015. Slippage may (and probably will) occur:whiteflag:

This remix was focused on reverb and EQ tweaks, with Freeverb3 being replaced by Breeze. I also got to use the new T-Racks EQ PG. Satin went onto the master bus, as usual. The track features Waldorf's Wave 2.V, whose sound I dearly love, but don't make nearly enough use of.

I hope you like it

Last edited by seismic1; 11-22-2015, 11:10 AM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Amazing, I love the drums and percussion:listening: Looking forward to the album, good luck with it! :-)
    https://organicpatterns.bandcamp.com
    https://soundcloud.com/organicpatterns
    https://twitter.com/OrganicPatterns

https://www.facebook.com/OrganicPatt...homepage_panel

Comment

Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it

I have three drumkits on here. Sampled Tabla, and Electro kits from EnergyXT, and an 808 kit from Drumatic3. I like using a mix'n'(mis)match approach with percussion . It's something I started doing 3-4 years ago, and I just stayed with it.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by Organic Patterns View Post
        Amazing, I love the drums and percussion:listening: Looking forward to the album, good luck with it! :-)
        Yes I very much agree with Organic. Absolutely love those percussion sounds. They really work. And that acidy feel to around 0:46. How did I miss this? Lots of interesting things all weaving in and out of eachother. Especially how you have executed keeping steady all the different sounds. Like to much can kill a song if its not done right. But I think you have nailed this track. Good job seis and thanks for sharing this gem :tu:
        life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Originally posted by richy tronik View Post
          Originally posted by Organic Patterns View Post
          Yes I very much agree with Organic. Absolutely love those percussion sounds. They really work. And that acidy feel to around 0:46. How did I miss this? Lots of interesting things all weaving in and out of eachother. Especially how you have executed keeping steady all the different sounds. Like to much can kill a song if its not done right. But I think you have nailed this track. Good job seis and thanks for sharing this gem :tu:
          Hey, Richy. Good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well.

I wrote this about 5 years ago when I was going through a bad musical patch. I wasn't really very happy with it at the time. I left it alone for a couple of years, remixed it, and it started sounding like something I could listen to, although the remix wasn't structural, only cosmetic. The latest remix is more of the same, little tweaks here and there. I like the percussion, but my favourite part is the Pro-53/Wave layered pads.

Thanks for listening and commenting, Richy. Glad you liked it

Talk to you soon.

Comment

Definetely a fantastic track. I like this kind of music that is electronic (without being sterile) and ambient(ish) without being pure ambient either.
            Originally posted by seismic1 View Post

I have three drumkits on here. Sampled Tabla, and Electro kits from EnergyXT, and an 808 kit from Drumatic3. I like using a mix'n'(mis)match approach with percussion . It's something I started doing 3-4 years ago, and I just stayed with it.
            I am a firm believer that mix and match of drum sounds/kits is the way to go. Big thumbs up there also. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by AlienXXX View Post
              Definetely a fantastic track. I like this kind of music that is electronic (without being sterile) and ambient(ish) without being pure ambient either.
              Originally posted by seismic1 View Post

I am a firm believer that mix and match of drum sounds/kits is the way to go. Big thumbs up there also. :thumbsup:
              Thanks very much for the positive comments, AlienXXX. Glad you liked it

This is the sort of thing that I love making. Taking elements from various genres and forcing them to live together. A little like a guidance counsellor, maybe. That extends to the drums too. I should be able to take this to another extreme with the recent release of the Echobode VST. I plan to use some fancy routing via Echobode into Stutter Edit in the near future.

Comment

loved it. sounds good & has a very nice atmosphere to it. I really liked the mix ...there's not too much going on & all the different elements have space to breathe!
                www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
                  loved it. sounds good & has a very nice atmosphere to it. I really liked the mix ...there's not too much going on & all the different elements have space to breathe!
                  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, phoenstorm. This one does have quite a "soft" sound. Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
                  X