Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parallax/Paradromic - ElectroProg (Seismic Viewpoints)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallax/Paradromic - ElectroProg (Seismic Viewpoints)

Here is a piece of ambient chillstep which I put together recently. Some funky routing going on here courtesy of EnergyXT, and the mix was one of the easiest yet. I managed to get a decent dynamic range from the master even though there is a compressor in the chain.

I hope you like it
    Last edited by seismic1; 11-23-2015, 06:36 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

I just hit the play button now. And immediately I am drawn to the really high pitched key strokes at 0:34. Nicely done. Especially the intro with its dark and mysterious church like theme. Really like that percussion to that just dropped in at 1:06 and the way the high pitched keys just keeps flowing. Yes this is definitely a chillstep flavor, especially how the snares flowed in at 1:39. Nice job. Then at 2:10 Parallax really begins to show its charm. My eyebrows are raised a lot here. I am getting a real kick out of this track. It is very well put together and sounds really crisp on my monitors. Very well balanced to.

Then at 3:14 the track slightly changes its formation displaying a lovely relaxing feel to the overall track. The percussion slightly raising its head bringing an awesome array of other unheard effects that blend in really well. Then at 5:54 those familiar high pitched keys drop in again. Actually now I am listening for a second time. I am deeply feeling that yeh, those high pitched keys were really made for this track. But yeh sesi you have nailed it yet again I think. Very impressive stuff and Parallax to is a great title.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful gem m8 :tu:
    Last edited by meta4; 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM.
    life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and provide such a detailed and thoughtful response, richy. Glad you enjoyed it Most of the synths on here were Z3ta+2 presets, some of which I added some envelope automation to. I've had this synth for about 10 months, but never really used it seriously until now. It was no trouble at all to fit into the mix. I also got to use REFLEX+ in a real track for the first time. I used that on the "Vangelis" lead sound with a lot of feedback to make that huge reverb effect. I'm spoilt for choice these days as far as FX go.

I hope the move to Reaper goes well for you. I'm looking forward to hearing what you do with it. It's been a while since we heard that dark, rich(y) techno sound.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Great track. Nice done. Excellent arrangement and mix.
        | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Thanks very much for taking a listen to this, Maharg. Glad you liked it I was pleased with that mix. Even though I used a compressor on the master here, I managed to avoid "pressurisation syndrome". Probably helped by sparser instrumentation.

Comment

Two months on, I just remixed Parallax. This is more minimal and chilled. Less lead and bass-synth, less percussion, added harmony on the vocal synth and modifications to the glitch. This is Paradromic:-

Last edited by seismic1; 11-23-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X