Mirror - 2013 remix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror - 2013 remix

Originally from March 2010, this is the second remix of Mirror. For this I reinstated a delay that went missing on the earlier remix, improved the reverb and EQ on some of the drum parts, added FerricTDS to the master bus and mastered in T-Racks.

Spooky and tense ambient most of the way, then it gets hijacked
    Last edited by seismic1; 11-01-2015, 11:43 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

WOW, what a track. This is perhaps...and I mean this in no offense to anything else you've ever done, one of my favorite tracks from you!!! I just love the way it builds and I'm such a sucker for delayed arp-like sounds...with those pads behind it...and then the dramatic middle when it hits!!!!! Oh man, so good. Such quality stuff Tim. I listened from start to finish and I couldn't be happier about it.

Most excellent!!!!!! :tu:
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Excellent track!! I don't know if I would call it ambient with the drum part in the middle but that's not important at all. I really like it. EPIC!
      http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
        WOW, what a track. This is perhaps...and I mean this in no offense to anything else you've ever done, one of my favorite tracks from you!!! I just love the way it builds and I'm such a sucker for delayed arp-like sounds...with those pads behind it...and then the dramatic middle when it hits!!!!! Oh man, so good. Such quality stuff Tim. I listened from start to finish and I couldn't be happier about it.

Most excellent!!!!!! :tu:
        Hey, Chris. Glad you enjoyed it I "finished" this in March 2010. In February 2012, I listened to it again and decided to redecorate what was a fairly average track (with potential). Added SD2. Lots of Shimmer and some delay, mixed it properly and the track came to life. The version you just heard was remixed again yesterday with a few tweaks.

They're never finished ;)
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by manducator View Post
          Excellent track!! I don't know if I would call it ambient with the drum part in the middle but that's not important at all. I really like it. EPIC!
          Thanks for checking this out, manducator. Glad you liked it. Maybe if I took the drums out, I could get away with the ambient tag

It's funny, but I just started working with my first drone. I did some processing and layering, added a couple of synths and lashings of reverb and delay. Next thing I knew, the track had sprouted percussive wings. I might put it up next week as a WIP. I'm probably not going to have much time this year to work on new tracks, so it will probably be put into the Seismic cryogenic chamber for later mangling :eek:

Comment

Working...
          X