Gear 300x100
Music Software Bundles from Pluginboutique.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axis - Part 1 (WIP) - Ambient beatzzz....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis - Part 1 (WIP) - Ambient beatzzz....

My first new track in over 2 years. I decided to take a small break from the remix project, and now that the album is finished, I had an opportunity to create something new. The basis for this was the Paulstretched drone that I put up in the collaboration thread. I re-pitched, reversed, layered, reverbed, delayed, added a synth and some percussion, and this is what happened. I have a couple of instrumental and minor mix changes planned for this later in the year and then I'll start on part 2.

Last edited by seismic1; 11-01-2015, 10:51 AM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

I hadn't heard this one before the podcast (way behind on KVR Music Cafe listenings) so I was very pleasantly surprised!
    I loved this track! All of the podcast was great, and I was keeping track fo where I was on the tracklist.
    But this one made me.. WOW!
    That vocal-like synth... nice! And the way it develops naturally towards the beat... nice!

I think it's a great variation on ambient :thumbsup:

Can't wait for part 2... :biggrin:
    https://soundcloud.com/mariosprt74

Comment

This track was brand new. I was going to sit on it until later this year, but when S1gns asked for submissions for the podcast, I decided to polish it up a little and give it a premiere. Those vocal effects are a result of the Paulstretch process on a basic CM101 synth patch.

I posted this on SoundCloud after the podcast. This version has now had 3 further revisions, and is now "finished" (although I might tweak the percussion later this year).

Thanks very much for listening. Glad you enjoyed it
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I just completed the 2021 remix/master over the weekend.

It's another cosmetic update of the original track (from 2013). I had a few problems to contend with here. I bought a new PC at the end of 2019, and hoped that I had managed to re-install everything successfully. My DAW version (EnergyXT2) was upgraded about a year after I recorded the original. Re-loading the project in the latest version of the DAW revealed that some of the internal parameters had been "shuffled around", although they were retrievable. I re-arranged the project parameters, and then re-panned the percussion, and added a little reverb to it. Next I revisited the original EQ settings and revised them, adding a couple of "surgical" Equivocate edits to the Valhalla Shimmer output. I replaced FerricTDS with Satin on the master bus, and mastered the track using T-Racks5. This has a cleaner sound than the original track (in the first post of this thread). I'm hoping to release this on an album sometime in 2022.

Comment

I have had the same problem when importing old After Effects video projects into newer versions of After Effects. Sometimes the effects don’t translate the same way, despite your best efforts. However, this is a great sounding track! Love the combination of sounds you used in this. As a mix, it sounds great to me. Every element is well-balanced with the others. I will look forward to hearing the album in 2022!
          https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
          https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
          https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
          https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
            I have had the same problem when importing old After Effects video projects into newer versions of After Effects. Sometimes the effects don’t translate the same way, despite your best efforts. However, this is a great sounding track! Love the combination of sounds you used in this. As a mix, it sounds great to me. Every element is well-balanced with the others. I will look forward to hearing the album in 2022!
            It's a pain in the ass when software updates mess with productivity but, to be fair to the developer, I made the original track in EnergyXT2.7beta, and the problem only became apparent after loading the project in the 2.7 production release. I hope that not too many subsequent projects will be similarly affected, but I know what to look for now. Unfortunately, development on EnergyXT2 ceased about 6 years ago, so I am currently looking at using other DAWs in the future, especially since many plugins are now 64-bit only. I'm probably going to start using MuLab for new projects at some point.

The original version of this sounded ok, but there were a few issues with the original mix and master which had been bugging me for a few years, so I took the opportunity to take care of them while I had the time to do so. My mixing and mastering processes have improved over the last 8 years. I'm confident that this will be the final/definitive version.

This was the first track I made using Paulstretch and features 4 drones at various pitches, some played forwards, and others in reverse.

2022 is a "tentative" date, but is probably achievable. I'm not a prolific composer these days. My current project is a shed restoration

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you liked it

Comment

Working...
            X