No announcement yet.

Wall Of Doubt - (Chillout - 2013 remix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Of Doubt - (Chillout - 2013 remix)

This track was originally from August 2010. I decided to dust it off and polish it up. This track is made almost entirely using ZebraCM apart from some of the percussion. I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by seismic1; 11-01-2015, 12:16 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-raizen
    https://www.facebook.com/FrozenLonesome

Comment

This is a great track...very pleasant. I think you polished it up right nice. And...you've just gotta love Zebra.

Comment

Thanks very much for checking this out, guys. Glad you liked it

This was a lot more laid-back and mellow than my usual pieces, but it just seemed right at the time. Later this year I intend to push for a darker sound on some of the new stuff, although I usually find it quite difficult to write with a specific outcome in mind.
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Most excellent!!!

Again, love how each different theme is a variation and then you bring them all together at the end. Has your signature style all over it!!!!

Very nice work indeed. My favorite part is that drone synth at the beginning and end. Gorgeous stuff!

-S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for listening and commenting. It is much appreciated.

It's funny how these themes build up. I just seem to go into auto-pilot. When it's all over, I can't usually remember how I arrived at the final form.

One of these days I'll probably buy Zebra. Cost isn't really the problem here. Time is a much more precious commodity in my world. I know Zebra is capable of producing some great sounds, but I can usually get the sounds that I'm after from a free synth/FX combo.

Glad you liked it

Comment

2020 remix is complete:-

The July 2020 edit/remix/master is basically a cosmetic update of the 2013 mix with a synth addition to the breakdown. The EQ has been improved, and I increased the level of the original synths. I have Satin on the master bus in the mix, replacing FerricTDS. For mastering I used T-Racks Dyna-Mu, Equal, Quad-Comp and the Stealth Limiter on quite gentle settings.

7 tracks completed, 1 or 2 to go. I haven't decided on the final running order.

Comment

Hi Tim

I misunderstood the post you made in the other topic. I thought you were giving both of those tracks you mentioned the classical treatment.

It matters not and I am enjoying the current rendition of Wall Of Doubt without a doubt. Very clean mix and it sounds really good on my headphones. I will listen to it again later on my monitors, not that they are of any reasonable quality... Just gives me an excuse to listen again

cheers,

andy
                I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Thanks very much for checking this one out, Andy. It's quite close to chillout in style, and I don't think really revisited that since, so this may be a one-off. I tend to prefer more tension than is present here.

As far as Illuminate goes, I think "classical" is stretching credibility a little too far. I prefer to call it "orchestral" although with such sparse instrumentation, and an arpeggiated synth, even that could be a little too much artistic license.

Comment

Working...
                  X