X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Lonesome
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    I'm about to buy some hardware myself. I'm picking up a Waldorf Rocket next weekend.
    Excellent. I hear great things about the Rocket.
    I just bought a used DSI Mopho on Sunday. Very cool Analog box. Two Osc, two Sub Osc, 4 LFO, 4 Mods, 4-16 step sequencers tha you can send anywhere. That led to needing a midi-USB cable for editing on my Mac and I picked up a small mixer for stage and home use so I can play either the MB or Mopho or blend them together. Still need to set up and test.

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I'm about to buy some hardware myself. I'm picking up a Waldorf Rocket next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Lonesome
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    This is most definitely not my preferred style, so why have I listened to it twice? Answer me that, wise guy. Must be ok. Kinda weird, kinda wow.

Good work
    Thanks for the listens Seismic1. The funny thing is that I'm not even sure it's my style or that I even like the track either.
    The Minibrute has a really unique sound and you can pull some great drones and other sounds from it. Part of the rhythm was driven by a midi app pushing the MB, some DM1 drums, a few wind chimes thrown in for good measure. So I say the reason you listened twice is the appeal of a raw Minibrute.

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    This is most definitely not my preferred style, so why have I listened to it twice? Answer me that, wise guy. Must be ok. Kinda weird, kinda wow.

Good work

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Lonesome
    started a topic Dramatic Anecdote

Dramatic Anecdote

https://soundcloud.com/steve-raizen/dramatic-anecdote

This experiment started out as very ambient playing around with a new echo pedal I got and the Minibrute's slow envelope setting. However it disintegrated into more noise once I added a drum track and sequenced the same drum track on the MB.
Working...
X