Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Coast Mainline (ElectroProg - The Age of Steam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Mainline (ElectroProg - The Age of Steam)

Originally from August 2010, I have remixed this 33 months later. A relentless juggernaut.

This is definitely NOT ambient :D
    Last edited by seismic1; 11-01-2015, 01:21 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

I completed the 2021 remix of this a couple of weeks ago. I thought this would be a cosmetic update of the 2013 remix, but things worked out differently. I was never very happy with the syncing of the Microtrance "acid" synthline in the original, so I took the opportunity to replace it with Z3ta+2 and Dune instances, giving the track a "Trance" vibe. I also replaced the ZebraCM patch used during the intro and the Or2v bass with Dune.

I also adjusted the reverb, panning, leveling and EQ, replaced FerricTDS with Satin on the master bus. The track was then re-mastered in T-Racks5. This might be released on an album sometime in 2022.

I may release this on an album later. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Enjoy

Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post

Enjoy
      I did! Thanks

I listened to the original first, of course, then the remix. Then I went back and flicked between old and new around various sections.

The synth replacements on the new track work really well and I think I prefer the remix

cheers

andy
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

I too enjoyed this! Good work Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

I did! Thanks

I listened to the original first, of course, then the remix. Then I went back and flicked between old and new around various sections.

The synth replacements on the new track work really well and I think I prefer the remix

cheers

andy
          Thanks very much for checking this out, Andy. Glad you enjoyed it

I prefer the remix too. I didn't like the timing issues on the original version.

Comment

Originally posted by windspace View Post
            I too enjoyed this! Good work Tim!
            Thanks very much for listening, Bruce. Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
            X