Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular Live Session

Yeah, a rare one for me...

I find the videos of betadecay most inspirational. Not that my stuff is anything like what Stefan creates, of course, but it's great to see what I can create on my own, with the tools I have to hand.

So, this one was created on my (I should say "our" because it is my eldest son's too) modular system. No other sound sources were used, which is kind of obvious really as it is a touch on the monotonous side, putting it mildly. So that means a total of just four oscillators, two used as melodic sequencers, one for a basic beat, and the last one for a simple sort of accompaniment.

I only used my DAW as a mixer and tracker and the only software effects I used was Pro-Q2 in order to "tame" the high and low frequencies.

I set up my Lexicon MPX 500 and Boss GT-5 as send effects within Studio One Pro for reverb and delay duties. So, another rare thing for me nowadays, using hardware effects instead of software.

I seriously considered playing a melody over the top but I just couldn't pull it off. My keyboard skills are pretty basic and it would have meant that I wouldn't have been able to develop the sequences over time, so that's all this is really, a bunch of sequences.

Would I ever play live? Well, not at the moment... I think the end result I have posted here is not particularly good. I enjoyed performing it, and I could have gone on for much longer than ten minutes.

cheers

andy

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

this is great, and get out and play mate :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blackivan View Post
      this is great, and get out and play mate :-)
      Haha! Thanks Ivan!

Not sure about doing what you do... Did you spot the deliberate mistake towards the end?

Comment

these this happen mate ... you should get out there and play, if you need a support let me know :-)

Comment

Hi Synkro. Wow. Very cool. Sounds really good! Most excellent in fact.
          Soundcloud | YouTube | Bandcamp

Comment

Originally posted by blackivan View Post
            these this happen mate ... you should get out there and play, if you need a support let me know :-)
            Thanks Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by TDP View Post
              Hi Synkro. Wow. Very cool. Sounds really good! Most excellent in fact.
              Hiya TDP

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it.

I've got another monotonous sequence on you tube now... I'm about to post here

cheers

andy

Comment

Working...
              X