Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

AVAILABLE NOW: Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 9 (Part One)

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/a...ume-9-part-one

NEW! You can now donate to Ambient Online using crypto currencies. Use the link below to get started.

https://1upcoin.com/donate/s1gnsofl1fe
See more
See less

Cyborg See Cyborg Do - Cryptic LP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg See Cyborg Do - Cryptic LP

I've recently released an album inspired by the two tracks I submitted for AO9. Cryptic is a bunch of lo-fi guitar and synth loops arranged in a dreamy, drone-like manner. The final track (Cryptic Green) is a different version to the one scheduled to appear in the next part of AO9.

Thanks for listening!

fine work! love it!
    ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Love Cryptic Amber! Will go through the whole collection when I get time.

EDIT:

Having gone through the collection, I love most of the songs, but Cryptic Ochre seems to have some frequencies in it that clash and cause a lot of distortion in my speakers. I understand you classify these as 'lo-fi', but this track could have benefitted from a notch filter or some other type of equalization to mitigate the offending frequencies. That being said, I know this happens to be a tendency in guitar tracks, esp where looping and delay are concerned. Overall the musical ideas are fantastic. Just some of them could benefit from a little post production.

My favorite piece in the collection is 'Cryptic Green'.
      Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 05-20-2018, 03:35 PM.
      "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you liked it!

As for frequencies clash, I intentionally went for a somewhat "offensively underproduced" sound at certain points. I actually love music that sounds wrong or broken, and sometimes leaving that stuff in does the trick. Although I surely understand it is not to everyone's liking, and I often edit clashes out in post.

Anyway, thanks again for your feedback guys!

Comment

Working...
        X