Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drown - ElectroProg (Rise of The Isolation Tanks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drown - ElectroProg (Rise of The Isolation Tanks)

Originally from September 2010, this just got a Seismic makeover. Innocent wind instruments are subjected to techno depravity and kidnapping. Reverb can't help you now.

Take a deep breath.....
    Last edited by seismic1; 11-01-2015, 12:25 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Just made some re-levelling mods to this. 1dB here, 1dB there......subtle stuff, but I think it makes a difference.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Here is the 2021 remix of "Drown" for release on a future album. It's just a cosmetic update of the 2013 remix, with minor EQ, panning, and levelling changes. I replaced FerricTDS with Satin on the master bus and mastered in T-Racks5.

I hope you like it.

Comment

Hi Tim,

Nice pumping piece of music

Both mixes were great to my "punter's" ears. You show great patience and, indeed, love for your previously released stuff and it's great that you can go back and apply what you know now to those tracks. Me, I don't have the patience and even if I wanted to I lost a whole load of stuff that I had created way back when.

cheers,

andy
        >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Andy. Glad you enjoyed it

I've made 3 new tracks since the beginning of April, and completed 8 remixes (although I still have to master one of them). I was on a roll with the remixes, but the most recent has been really tiring work, so I'm probably going to have a remix holiday for a few weeks.

The odd thing is, before I started the last remix ("Recant"), I thought I was quite happy with the sound of the track, and with the music. I hadn't actually listened to it for a couple of years, but when I did, I decided that I didn't like the sound of some of the synth parts, so started changing the patches. When I had the synths sounding the way I wanted them too, the music no longer seemed to fit the sounds, so I had to re-write sections of the track. I think this took about 12 hours over a four-day period, whereas an easy remix will take about 6 hours over a couple of evenings. I'll let that remix "set" for a couple of days, and if I'm still happy with it, I master it.

Comment

A labour of love, Tim

I listen to some of my stuff from 2000 and it sounds pretty damn awful, especially the mix. And back then I use to leave everything as MIDI, press the play button and then record a two track mix to SoundForge. I don't think the version of Cakewalk I used at the time did audio to. So it isn't possible to rescue any of those tracks. I have tried, and I don't like the end result.

cheers

andy
            >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Working...
            X