Along With The Wind [Electronic/Ambient]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Along With The Wind [Electronic/Ambient]

Something a bit different. Sort of an electronic and ambient hybrid, I suppose. Added some vocals on this one as well.

Soundcloud | YouTube | Bandcamp

Nice job TDP.
    Good vocal pitch.
    Must have been inspired by 'The Ship'.
    Can't help noticing how you kept the production basic and simple. That's of course fine, but doing that also puts a lot of pressure on the basic performance to keep the listener engaged.
    If I'm recognizing that synth, forget the name, freeware/crazy looking GUI? Or maybe it's just a vocoder? Wonder what the vocal would have sounded like through that effect?
    A big appreciation for doing a vocal part. I've been wanting to do vocals for yrs and never get to trying it.
    "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
    My Music

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
      Nice job TDP.
      Good vocal pitch.
      Must have been inspired by 'The Ship'.
      Can't help noticing how you kept the production basic and simple. That's of course fine, but doing that also puts a lot of pressure on the basic performance to keep the listener engaged.
      If I'm recognizing that synth, forget the name, freeware/crazy looking GUI? Or maybe it's just a vocoder? Wonder what the vocal would have sounded like through that effect?
      A big appreciation for doing a vocal part. I've been wanting to do vocals for yrs and never get to trying it.
      Hi annode. Thanks very much for listening!
      Yes, my tendency is towards simple, but usually with a fair degree of randomness in it to
      hopefully add interesting variations. I didn't add too overly much variation to this one.
      I suppose a lot my music may sound overly simplistic or just too much like random sounds to many people,
      but that is where my head space is. It works for me anyway.

I don't know what 'The Ship' is in reference to, whether a song or a movie or something else,
      but I seldom listen to commercial music and seldom go to movies, if that is what it is, so I am
      not familiar with it.

The synth in this tune is all Absynth 5. Absynth 5 has enough flexibility for me that I
      have been basically only using it for all my synth stuff for quite a while now. It seems to have
      quite a few features that I still don't at all understand yet, but so far I haven't bothered to read the manual.
      I just fiddle with it until I find sounds that I like.

Comment

I suppose a lot my music may sound overly simplistic or just too much like random sounds to many people,
        but that is where my head space is. It works for me anyway.
        With my statement, I was sorta leaning towards how ppl that make a vocal part will pile on the effects like reverb or something thick to smother their voice.
        Or maybe pile on the synth layers to cover it over...you didn't go there. I was just stating it, but not making a judgement. Actually I applaud that.

I also have Absynth. I keep a few of the previous versions as well since their GUIs and maybe the libraries are different.
        I can see using it as your sole or go-to synth. I'm happy I don't need to though.

Here is Eno - The Ship in case you haven't heard it. enjoy;
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1riJSHhkY&t=1s
        "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
        My Music

Comment

annode . Thanks for the comments, and thanks for posting the link to Eno's song 'The Ship'. After hearing that, I don't feel quite
          so bad about my own singing. Ha ha.

Comment

Actually your singing in this kind of reminds me of Daniel Lanois back in the 90's (The Beauty of Wynona).. You should do more of it, it was nice in this track.
            "I would rather be happy than to always be 'right'."

Comment

Thanks very much for listening Sonic Bodhi!

Comment

a very unusual but effective use of vocals on this, strangely hypnotic.
                i like this because i like experimental ,everyone needs to push boundaries
                nice work

Comment

The Gooseberry Spine Thanks very much for listening and for the comments.

Comment

Working...
                  X