Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZacharyTalis
    replied
    Here's some album art I made using Blender and Photoshop, based off of 2D art from the project I scored.

Texturing done in Substance Alchemist and Ps. Nowadays I would use Substance Painter for a model like this, makes everything a lot easier...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by Benedict Roff-Marsh View Post
    I sailed right past "reality" to make my own impressionistic or slightly surreal scenes.
    And nicely done

Nice music, too, Benedict

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    This probably isn't what anyone wants to hear in Member Releases but is relevant here as it is my Blenderations.

Four looping scenes made in Blender with a bit of extra particle work in HitFilm Express. Being me, I sailed right past "reality" to make my own impressionistic or slightly surreal scenes.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• bjorbrei
    replied
    Beautifully shaped piece of music, with awesome hypnotizing rhythms.

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    That is really beautiful.

The thumbnail does not do it justice at all. Kinda like a USB circus of synchronized dancers.

Sorry to hear about work. It has been such a bumpy road for me too - for the last few years. Have some positive signs now so...
    As for people, that has been a really rough road too. I have just about abandoned every attempt at social media etc as sadly 99% of people in "music" groups don't actually do music, they just want free VST and to be nasty to anyone who dares do anything, esp if they make the mistake of trying to raise anyone. Offering help seems to be the worst insult ever.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    This is my latest effort;

I say "latest..."

I uploaded this over a month ago but didn't bother shouting out about it at the time. I think the process drained me, mentally, and couldn't be bothered. What didn't help was I some how managed to land a job. I had been out of work since March 23rd (start of Lockdown V1) and was so glad to get a new job, even though it was only for 24 hours a week. But that job came to a rather abrupt end, just last week, and I am out of work again.

So I thought I'd try to get back to being "social." I really don't know what happened there. As soon as I threw myself into my new job I lost all interest in anything to do with creative stuff and today is the first time I have posted anything related to that.

Anyway, that latest video... man, what a whole load of time and effort that took.

The modelling side wasn't too challenging and the original concept sprung into being while lying in bed one morning. So I got up and started to work on the initial idea of having a number of items that would slide in and out of each other. It wasn't long until I had this idea of having thirty of them arranged in a circle.

The main work was associated with the choreography of all the parts, trying to develop something which would be interesting and hold the eye. I can't really say if I have achieved that or not, to be honest. Personally, I like what I have done, and my usual following have taken to comment in the positive (and I have yet to respond).

Music wise, I wanted to create something new for this particular video. Getting the new job scuppered that idea, I think. I suppose I could have been patient and waited until I had something new and more suitable, but I decided that the graphics was probably more important than the music, in this instance, and I went with something I had already released.

Going into detail of how I created that thing would probably take quite a while and would be too long to read, I think. So I will not bother at this time. Perhaps, over time, I will expand on some of the new things that I tried, like the NLA (non-linear animation) Editor.

cheers for now,

andy

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Nice, Benedict Roff-Marsh

Those dark specs that appear from time to time, are they linked to the music some how? I know it is possible to do that but I haven't tried it myself yet. And were they created using nodes?

cheers

andy

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    My studio amplifier died in a power outage and so I have been without proper sound for several weeks seeing with CIVID, there is very little stock in stores - interestingly even very little on the used market.

I got reduced to using a UE Boom2 Bluetooth tub and headphones (that I consider a curse upon mankind). I have finally gotten a Rotel A10 on order which should be with me in a few days.

This is something I did in my time of troubles:

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Yes, I managed to make a more complex project in Blender.
    Well done Benedict

I won't pretend that it started easily. I had false start after false start seeing the software is so confusing.
    I can only empathise with you on that one, and agree.

Thankfully Jane stepped in and helped put moe on more solid (virtual) ground so I could get it done.
    Teamwork

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    I don't really get why you say it is so bad. I have seen less elegant stuff on movies.

I suppose only because I know what the original image looked like and in the Blender render it looked a bit stretched.

After further research it appears I was using the wrong Texture Node to bring my image in. There are two, Image Texture and Environment Texture and I should have used the Environment Texture with the Projection set to Equirectuangular.

So my current version of that little experiment is looking a lot better now.

Plus, I also hadn't cottoned on to the "equirectangular" bit. It's kind of obvious when you think about it... The image is being stretched over a sphere which means that the width of the image = the circumference of the sphere, and the height of the image is half of the circumference of the sphere. Then when I looked into HDRI images, which are used to provide backgrounds for environments, including lighting, they are always twice as wide as they are high, and that confirmed it for me.

The big difference between my image and a proper HRDI image is that the latter is taken with cameras with an appropriate lens which "flattens" the 360 degree image. My image is totally flat.

So what I have done to try to limit the amount of distortion is leave the top and bottom edges of my image free of any detail.

I've just done a quick render of a single frame:-

The stuff to the left is the Chaotica nebula thing I used for the previous video.

The white blob to the right is something I created today in Blender. It has taken me much of the day to work through a one hour long tutorial to create a spiral galaxy from a particle system. I was almost throwing the towel in at one point but kept with it. My finished galaxy was not a patch on what was created in the tutorial but I thought that it looked good enough to be one of them blob type galaxies. I had to manipulate the rendered image slightly to get rid of some stray stuff around the edges, and then I brought the blob into an Affinity Designer project I have got on the go which I am using to stitch together various elements to make my "deep space" background for my Blender project.

The stars between the nebula and the blob are done with nodes within Blender.

I must admit that I am uncharacteristically pleased with the way it is going so far

I just need to get my head around that galaxy creation workflow so that I can make a spiral one instead of a blob...

cheers

andy

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied

Yes, I managed to make a more complex project in Blender. I won't pretend that it started easily. I had false start after false start seeing the software is so confusing. Thankfully Jane stepped in and helped put moe on more solid (virtual) ground so I could get it done.

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    I don't really get why you say it is so bad. I have seen less elegant stuff on movies.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Soz for spamming my own Blender topic with my own stuff... I keep trying stuff and like to share, obviously.

This next one is a bit meh:-

I took my Menger4 styled cube from a previous Blender render and placed an older, but tweaked Chaotica flame fractal which is supposed to look like a nebula.

I ain't too happy with it. And anyone else would have left it gathering dust on the SSD somewhere. But that's me... sharing my warts and all stuff, just like my music haha

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    I made something in Blender all on my own (altho Jane did fix lighting and shine/reflection on the plane).
    Nice one

A simple enough exercise I suppose but, yes... lighting and stuff can be a bit of a pain.

I like what you did with HitFilm

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    I made something in Blender all on my own (altho Jane did fix lighting and shine/reflection on the plane).

The clip was exported to HitFilmExpress and chewed up with heat Distortion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X