Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New collaborative project - Which cover design looks best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New collaborative project - Which cover design looks best?

Hi,
    a collaborative album project is finally coming close to it´s end, or.. beginning. This is my first collaborative project and I´m pretty excited about this! The tracks are almost ready and I am working on the cover design. The theme is Saturn moons, our project name and album title are decided. But which cover is the best? Thanks for any feedback!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jan Roos; 10-20-2021, 12:56 AM.

I vote for the first one.
    ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

without any doubt: the last (4th) one! ) best wishes for your release! (btw, where would it be published? at bandcamp?)

Comment

4th one for me too, though i would have centered the oxia palance text above the Calendis, but that just my preference - and i do all my album covers in mspaint

Comment

ice rings get my vote
          >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by Fabio Keiner View Post
            without any doubt: the last (4th) one! ) best wishes for your release! (btw, where would it be published? at bandcamp?)
            Thanks! Bandcamp first (our separate profiles in addition to our new Oxia Palace artist page), then all typical streaming services and online stores. Physical also, CD shipping from the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunuph View Post
              4th one for me too, though i would have centered the oxia palance text above the Calendis, but that just my preference - and i do all my album covers in mspaint
              Thanks. Yeah, I do get why you would do that! I´ve landed on keeping the text non-centered, since the image itself is so centered, though, but no obvious right or wrong about that, several of my earlier albums have been very centered, both image and text. Is MSPaint good to work with? I do my visuals in Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer

Comment

I use the very capable Affinity Designer for all my album art now

I tried Affinity Photo but decided that I don't do much pixel manipulation and, if I do, that I stick with Gimp because I am reasonably happy with it

Microsoft Paint... I may have used it a few times to crop stuff, but it is the very basic of basic, in my opinion
                >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

congrats they're all great

I guess the first have the most impact but I love the second too because it's very minimal and geometric.
                  can't wait to hear the result.
                  "the silver fern soars, as vicious lands collide. does that young orb spins? or is it just a mare.''
                  bandcamp | twitter | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Roos View Post

Thanks. Yeah, I do get why you would do that! I´ve landed on keeping the text non-centered, since the image itself is so centered, though, but no obvious right or wrong about that, several of my earlier albums have been very centered, both image and text. Is MSPaint good to work with? I do my visuals in Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer
                    Mspaint is just about the most basic design thing i can imagine, but i've no design skills so seems pointless getting something more complex when a simple photo/artwork and text suffice for me. Love more complex design but i think given the option to properly design a cover i'd add too much elements and clutter it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunuph View Post

Mspaint is just about the most basic design thing i can imagine, but i've no design skills so seems pointless getting something more complex when a simple photo/artwork and text suffice for me. Love more complex design but i think given the option to properly design a cover i'd add too much elements and clutter it all up.
                      Then I would get a pro logo done and just add that (and font of choice) to different images on different albums. Looks and style still go a long way
                      It IS easy to clutter up things, though, both in visual and sound design...

Comment

Originally posted by aeon View Post
                        congrats they're all great

I guess the first have the most impact but I love the second too because it's very minimal and geometric.
                        can't wait to hear the result.
                        Thanks! I like the (almost retro) simplicity of the first one, but the geometry and "odd perspective" of the second one is more original. The music is stripped down, minimal and somewhat rough and dark, gradually becoming more atmospheric in style.

Comment

I think the first one is appropriate for the actual cover, but you could include the rest as inset or sleeve art (why sacrifice any of the art, it’s all good!)
                          https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
                          https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
                          https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
                            I think the first one is appropriate for the actual cover, but you could include the rest as inset or sleeve art (why sacrifice any of the art, it’s all good!)
                            That´s a good idea. But there´s a reason we will not do it; The creative process was started with chosen images (none of these) taken by satellites traveling far out, often grainy images. We designed sounds for each piece based on one image, then composed using those sounds. So these images will be added to the physical package, correlating to the tracks. The only exception is the actual front cover. But thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Working...
                            X