My artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My artwork

I have been inspired by aoVl with his posts of album covers. I do like to see everyone's album covers and it was always one of the best things about collecting 'records'. There are so many options and possibilities to album covers and I love to see how others approach theirs. The only reason I release my music to the public is that it provides me with a reason to design an album cover. I am thinking of following the example of aoVl and post some of my album covers and I hope that others will do the same.

I can't recall posting anything about my paintings before, but this is what I do instead of a "normal" job.
    Outside of this I spend most of my time making and listening to music, plus a little bit of photography among other things.

https://grahammcarthur.com
    | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Hi Graham,

I think I first came across your artwork when we were discussing an album that you had released at the time, "Out There in Here" which I enjoyed immensely. I also enjoyed viewing your paintings
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
      The only reason I release my music to the public is that it provides me with a reason to design an album cover.
      :biggrin: If only I could produce enough music to use all the covers already designed....

Some seriously good work here. I really love the colors and textures. Must be even more striking to see in person.

I don't know if painters dislike being compared with other artists, but I am reminded of the work of Russell Mills (who does do album covers: Budd/Eno The Pearl, Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral & Hesitation Marks, Japan Exorcising Ghosts).

I see an album cover in almost every one of those.

Comment

Nice work, Graham. Very little abstract art inspires me, but yours absolutely does. You have a good sense of color relation and texture. Well done.

Also, I love your site. I'm on FASO as well. Life got so much easier when I moved to them.

Cheers,

Hollan Holmes
        hholmes.faso.com
        hollanholmes.bandcamp.com

Comment

Thank you, Hollan. I just had a look at your artwork. I like the landscapes, nice work. I do like FASO as well. Great customer service and always easy to work with.
          I have also followed you on Instagram. I am relatively new to Instagram. It is supposed to be good for artists.

Comment

I thought I would share some of my album covers.

a0161524976_10.jpga0691683222_10.jpga0845367306_10.jpga1626355229_10.jpg

Comment

Some more...

a1626944847_10.jpga1844905001_10.jpga2196772186_10.jpga2340462346_10.jpga2371085434_10.jpga3190076860_10.jpga4019728282_10.jpgYugen.jpg

Comment

Some cool organic stuff there Graham. I love Moth

Liking the photographs too
                >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Excellent work, Graham. My fave is "Things". Very interesting textures and I love the muted colors. :-)

-hhh

Comment

Working...
                  X