Neat little ISO trick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat little ISO trick

so, if you don’t know ISO is shutter speed, slow shutter speed means blurry photos if moved in the slightest BUT for this fun expiriment that’s exactly what you want to do, you’ll need an app or a camera that can manually set shutter speed, (best results at around 1-3 second ISO) take a dark room or area or whatever with a little light, set the ISO and take the photo but wave the phone around like crazy, afterwards you can edit the photo and you’ll get some crazy abstract results such as this one I took two days ago.

cool right? :D

anyway my go-to app for photography is Camera+ on iOS, it can manually set the ISO and has a bunch of fantastic tools to get cool looks and whatnot, anyway enjoy the little trick. :D

Photographic film's sensitivity to light (its "film speed") is described by ISO 6, ISO 2240 and ISO 5800. Hence, the film's speed is often referred to by its ISO number. (Wikipedia)
    Film or CCD speed relates to sensitivity to light and it's relation to the electronic light metering also called ASA or DiN, but shutter speed divides light halving it each division, but is more related to action/scene movement in fractions of seconds, like you mentioned above. Aperture also divides light in the same relation but is more related to depth of field.

Cocteau Twins made good use of that effect. For sure makes for good album cover art.

"The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
    My Music

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
      Photographic film's sensitivity to light (its "film speed") is described by ISO 6, ISO 2240 and ISO 5800. Hence, the film's speed is often referred to by its ISO number. (Wikipedia)
      Film or CCD speed relates to sensitivity to light and it's relation to the electronic light metering also called ASA or DiN, but shutter speed divides light halving it each division, but is more related to action/scene movement in fractions of seconds, like you mentioned above. Aperture also divides light in the same relation but is more related to depth of field.

Cocteau Twins made good use of that effect. For sure makes for good album cover art.
      I’m not really super knowledgeable so I don’t understand a lot of what you said I’ll admit, I only knew through experimenting what ISO did and the effect it could create.

Comment

That's a really cool looking picture, nice work!

Comment

Working...
        X