Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about who does your album cover art...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSCD
    replied
    For my early releases, I enlisted help from my talented friends. But for the past few years, I've been doing all my cover art myself. I take and edit photos, paint stuff in Procreate, and sometimes combine both methods. I've recently set up another page for my works at https://www.deviantart.com/foldedsinewaves — feel free to check it out!

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    Inkscape is the center of my "art" world. It is a vector graphics designer like Illustrator. Initially infuriating but powerful as you get the concepts and methods (of which I am pretty light on). There is also Affinity Designer which is a bit smoother than Inkscape, esp for a beginner - payware.

For Film I use HitFilm. It is both a movie Editor and Compositor (like After Effects) and again, once you get the paradigm, very powerful. Right now I am simply using the Express version. You can access all the effect plugins but many are heavily watermarked unless you buy. Still plenty to get things done if you thing your way around it.

The 3D stuff starting to appear on my vids (the Star Trek stuff) is my partner Jae using Blender. Again free and powerful. Quite a learning curve but DAW knowledge would help.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Benedict Roff-Marsh I was wondering what you used to make your videos- I will have to check out this 'Inkscape'. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Benedict Roff-Marsh
    replied
    I do.

Have Inkscape - will use.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    My latest, using UltraFractal 5.04

Leave a comment:

• robmc
    replied
    My wife does most of mine, apart from a couple that I cobbled together myself.
    She is a very good painter, and photographer.
    see my albums and their artwork here...
    https://robmcd.bandcamp.com

Leave a comment:

• SLDE
    replied
    For the latest release, a very beautiful photo taken by a friend of mine is featured as a cover.

Leave a comment:

• robmc
    replied
    http://robmcd.bandcamp.com
    My wife Nicky is an artist - painting, drawings, and photography.
    She has done most of my cover art.

robmcd.bandcamp.com
    Last edited by robmc; 03-30-2020, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Louigi Verona
    replied
    I ended up doing my own when I couldn't find help and was not ready to pay. I am constantly improving them, re-designing those that I don't like. Take a look at my Bandcamp page here to see what I came up with. I am enjoying working on artwork, but I also see that I am a much better ambient producer than a graphics designer, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Ahornberg nice!

Leave a comment:

• Ahornberg
    replied
    gravity explained.png

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Unm View Post
    It is a very powerful image Sonic Bodhi !!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Unm
    replied
    It is a very powerful image Sonic Bodhi !!

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X