Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

AVAILABLE NOW: Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 9 (Part One)

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/a...ume-9-part-one

NEW! You can now donate to Ambient Online using crypto currencies. Use the link below to get started.

https://1upcoin.com/donate/s1gnsofl1fe
See more
See less

Ambient "Desert Island Kit"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aoVI View Post

You are probably already aware of this, but there is someone over on the KVR forum who does a lot of shared work for the Kore community (and other things); I think the name is "Amused".
    No? What kind of things? What do you mean?
    Bandcamp | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by One Human Boy View Post

No? What kind of things? What do you mean?
      The nick-name may be off, but I do believe the person's name on KVR (a software-oriented music forum) is Amused. He has done many templates, patches, or presets (whatever Kore stuff is called--I don't have it so unfamiliar) and is an advocate for Kore related stuff. He's also compiled presets and patches for a number of VSTs.

Comment

His name is "aMUSEd" and here is a link to his Kore stuff: http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm

Comment

The nick-name may be off, but I do believe the person's name on KVR (a software-oriented music forum) is Amused. He has done many templates, patches, or presets (whatever Kore stuff is called--I don't have it so unfamiliar) and is an advocate for Kore related stuff. He's also compiled presets and patches for a number of VSTs.
          Ok Ill check him out.
          Bandcamp | Youtube

Comment

Max/MSP & a microphone!

;)

and maybe, as hardware, Mutable Instruments Clouds <3

Comment

Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
              You have to survive artistically on desert island. You can have hardware (because you have enough solar panels to run it).
              It can be hardware synth, it can be computer.
              Now you have to choose your "desert island kit" for making ambient.

Only one hardware AND software synth.
              Only one hardware AND software effect.
              Only one soundware (if you choose to survive with computer)

It is assumed that DAW of your choice and microphone/portable recorder survived as well.

My kit is:
              Synth: iZotope Iris
              Effect: Voxengo Pristine Space
              Soundware: Audiobulb Ambient

What are your kits?
              Do I have a pair of nearfield monitors to go with it or am I stuck with just headphones?
              "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

His name is "aMUSEd" and here is a link to his Kore stuff: http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm
                Do you know if he makes sound sets for Korg Kronos?
                "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

No idea, you'd have to check the website

Comment

HW Synth: DSI Prophet 12. Versatile and IMO most powerful synth, great for ambient
                    HW FX: Elektron Octatrack. as mentioned before, great machine ambient in a box.

I would also like to have portable recorder

No computer neccessary, but if I had managed to take one, It would contain Bitwig 2

Hopefully some monitor speakers come with me aswell, at least some headphones, Because wouldn't it be ironic to have your favorite instruments without the ability to listen the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X