This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVER CONTEST! Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 2

This is a call to all the artists, photographers, and/or designers reading this...we need COVER ART for the upcoming Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 2!

Last time we had a contest and it proved to be well worth it as we, as a community, got to vote and decide which cover art we liked best and were able to establish a winner.

If you don't think you have what it takes, think again. I'm leaving submissions for this part of it WIDE OPEN. Anything goes...as long as it's tasteful and represents the community as a whole.

Post your entries here and when February 15th rolls around, I will make a new thread with a poll and we'll pick the winner.

Upping the ante this time...winner gets a free copy of the Ambient Online Compilation Vol. 2!

Good luck to everyone,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

lets get this cover art on the go, am gona start with this Ambient Compilation.jpg

and this Ambient Compilation 2.jpg or this Ambient Compilation 3.jpg

c'mon everyone!!???
    Last edited by meta4; 01-24-2014, 11:52 AM.
    life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Geesh, AND cover art? All right, I'll dust off my Photoshop, break out all the 2D backdrops I own, and see if I can't do a suitably unusual ambient visual collage... (heh as if)
      Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
      Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
      Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

My photoshop-no-jutsu is not quite up to the task, yet, but the $10 a month subscription I nabbed Dec 31/Jan 1 is proving fruitful.

good luck everyone!
        Last edited by KrisM; 01-24-2014, 02:24 PM.
        Meh.

Comment

As I have a little history in fractal imaging (animation, to be precise), but only basic skills in image editing, I'll just drop some fractals here.

The image below is half the size of the original (which is 1425 x 1425 px). Even higher resolutions are no problem, if needed.

Till the deadline I'll hope to add 1-2 more of these fractal images if nobody stops me... err... if that is okay? =)

Last edited by Subdream; 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM.
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Subdream View Post
            Till the deadline I'll hope to add 1-2 more of these fractal images if nobody stops me... err... if that is okay? =)
            I approve. :thumbsup:
            remst8 - remst8.com

Comment

Absolutely! Bring it on. The first fractal you've posted is totally gorgeous. WOW! What are you using to create these masterpieces?

Excellent work. Thank you! :tu:
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by richy tronik View Post
                lets get this cover art on the go, am gona start with this [ATTACH=CONFIG]392[/ATTACH]

and this [ATTACH=CONFIG]393[/ATTACH] or this [ATTACH=CONFIG]394[/ATTACH]

c'mon everyone!!???
                Nice work my friend! Really like those moon images. A solid and worthy set of contenders for sure!

Would have never thought of the moon as a cover...but that's what this contest is all about. :D

Cheers,
                -S1gns
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                  What are you using to create these masterpieces?
                  Thank you. It's not really that hard, though it takes some time to get the hang of it (as always).

The type of fractal is called a "flame". The program used is j-Wildfire, it's Java and thus crossplatform.

For some quick results, just hit the "Random Flames" button at the top left. Double click on one of the generated flames, which will get you a coarse preview into the main pane. Now click the small underlined "R" button right next to the image to render it. (The triangles in the image are representations of some parameters, you can turn them off using the button with a triangle shape above the "R"-button)

From there you can tweak it pretty much like a synth patch. =)

Of course there is a plethora of other fractal programs. If I sparked anyones interest, I suggest visiting the colleagues at Fractal Forums.
                  Last edited by Subdream; 01-25-2014, 05:18 AM.
                  Soundcloud

Comment

As I have a little history in fractal imaging (animation, to be precise), but only basic skills in image editing, I'll just drop some fractals here.

The image below is half the size of the original (which is 1425 x 1425 px). Even higher resolutions are no problem, if needed.

Looking good! Keep on going!
                    Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
                    Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
                    Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

A couple of variations:

wheelB_zpsc98865f6.jpg wheelGl_zpsc0977fb8.jpg

splashR_zps29dbe265.jpg splashB_zps893c17ac.jpg

The title can be redone with the font you use for the site--I just copied from the header and made a brush, so it came out a little blocky.
                      Last edited by aoVI; 01-26-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

You guys are amazing. Some really quality stuff coming in.

@aoVI: AWESOME! Really like the impact of these covers. You're right, I can easily recreate any of those covers using the proper font if yours is the winner and you provide me with the background artwork.

@richy tronik Really like all the stuff you've done. Especially the moon and those electrical towers. Let's keep it simple for the cover and not feature anyone's name on the album cover...but either way, your hard work is totally appreciated. Nice looking stuff!

Cheers,
                        -S1gns
                        Synphaera Records
                        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

here is my idea - ambient-cover-1.jpg
                          BANDCAMP https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I'll take a shot:
                            AO Comp#2_cover.jpg

Comment

Whoa...competition is heating up! I'm going to take it up another notch...we've had so many quality entries so far.

Not only will the winner receive full credit for the album artwork (and a mention in our press releases) but the winner will now receive FIVE COPIES of the upcoming ambient online compilation: Vol. 2!

Best of luck to all you guys!
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                              X