Clear All

• asean
    replied
    when you have way to many reverb pedals on your board... a haha

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    I know that feeling.

How about the bearing on your washing machine starts to wear and you're more interested in recording the drone than getting it fixed (true story...)

Leave a comment:

• Cloud Hunter
    replied
    This thread looks like a laugh. Let's have a go.

You know you make ambient music when... you are the only one on your whole street who is actually looking forward to when the next thunderstorm comes.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    When you load a field recording of a festival.. then of a huge flock of birds.. then an earthquake, and a tornado.. and spend the next 4 hours just playing with levels..

*blush*

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Originally posted by RikkiSho View Post
    When you're listening back to a piece you've composed/produced to see how it sounds and review it before you release it/upload it anywhere, and you end up drifting off and forgetting to ACTUALLY LISTEN because it is so ambient, and then end up thinking "bugger it, I gotta go back to the start again"...
    oh yeah.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When you give a CD of 8 tracks of your music to a mate with sleeping problems, and they come back at a later date and say "thanks, it really helped! I was asleep by track 3... no offense. I don't mean it in a bad way. It's not boring music!" and you want to reply with something like "Glad it could help. No offense taken. It is meant to be relaxing and seep into the background. It had a good effect! You haven't offended me!".

When you go to a party/nightclub that claims to have a "chillout" room and you're hoping for ACTUAL chillout/ambient music, played quietly, and are extremely disappointed to find that the music played is in fact just "slightly slower" hip hop/pop-dance tunes, at precisely the same ear-destroying music as the rest of the club/party.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When you're hungry, and your stomach is making squelchy noises, and you think "...oooh... I could use that".

When you're listening back to a piece you've composed/produced to see how it sounds and review it before you release it/upload it anywhere, and you end up drifting off and forgetting to ACTUALLY LISTEN because it is so ambient, and then end up thinking "bugger it, I gotta go back to the start again". Especially frustrating, I imagine, with long drone/ambient pieces.

Leave a comment:

• remst8
    replied
    ...you load a 96kHz render of your latest track into your media player, which plays it at 44.1kHz so it's 2x slower, and you love the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    Originally posted by Woolyloach View Post
    Originally posted by robojam View Post
    When your favourite starter at the restaurant is Pea and Ham Soup
    Especially if half an hour later you're still making a field recording of it...
    I hadn't thought of that. Don't think I want to either.:phew:
    It would probably be interesting to hide a field recorder in a mens room at a busy pub on a Friday night... heh heh!
    It would probably be interesting trying to find it again after a "busy" Friday night.:party:
    It would be interesting finding someone willing to clean it if you did...

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    Originally posted by Woolyloach View Post
    It would probably be interesting to hide a field recorder in a mens room at a busy pub on a Friday night... heh heh!
    It would probably be interesting trying to find it again after a "busy" Friday night.:party:

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    When the track you're working on is a 1950s radio sermon.. processed through over 40 DIFFERENT effects.. with eight sends.. with yet more effects.. and your friends that listen to the WIP ask you where you got the sound of a barking woodpecker...!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X