Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(It's that time again) CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Ambient Online Compilation Volume 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, i think i will give a couple of tracks from me.
    One already made, and another new.

But i have a couple of doubts:
    ·First, you said, unmastered tracks, what does this mean exactly? Should i give a track with -6.0dBs of headroom? or how much?
    ·Secondly, what we can submit? I mean, Ambient, what people can take as "ambient" music? Where are the restrictions? where are the spotlights of that style? Lenght?
    I know more or less what Ambient is, but i just want to know what do you all know as ambient music exactly to avoid doing anything out of context.

Have a nice day
    https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin

Comment

Originally posted by Irion Da Ronin View Post
      ·First, you said, unmastered tracks, what does this mean exactly? Should i give a track with -6.0dBs of headroom? or how much?
      -6db is just fine. As I stated above. Anywhere between -6 and -9 is great and gives me room to work with.

Originally posted by Irion Da Ronin View Post
      ·Secondly, what we can submit? I mean, Ambient, what people can take as "ambient" music? Where are the restrictions? where are the spotlights of that style? Length?
      We take the term "ambient" quite loosely here. We've had a number of different submissions in the past anywhere from dark noise to near techno. What you want to submit is up to you. However, flow is important in any compilation album so I ask you to consider what people in the past have done and take that into guidance. Feel free to check out any of our first three volumes to give you an idea.

Look forward to hearing your work! Nice to see you around here.

Cheers,
      -S1gns
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Oh yes, and will there be a PDF like the last time?
        https://thegreatschizm.bandcamp.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Hunter View Post
          Oh yes, and will there be a PDF like the last time?
          We're trying to come up with a user-editable .pdf we can use online. Something like a google doc that everyone can post their own information at their own convenience.

I'm letting windspace take the lead on this one...but if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing, let me know! :D
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I have a friend that might be interested in collaborating. As far as I know, he is currently not a member. Would that be a problem?
            Of course, I can always ask him to join AO...

Comment

Originally posted by AlienXXX View Post
              I have a friend that might be interested in collaborating. As far as I know, he is currently not a member. Would that be a problem?
              Of course, I can always ask him to join AO...
              Absolutely! As long as we know his name at the time of your submission (so we can give him credit) it'll be no problem at all.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt if he WAS an AO member. The more the merrier around here! :highfive:
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Ajna has agreed to make a track with me. Always enjoy working with his stuff. :rockon:
                Massergy - Spotted Peccary Music

Comment

Hello. I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to recording, meaning I use hardware to record initial tracks and then do post processing in sound forge and audacity. I don't like the idea of having everything hooked up to a computer, just like to hit record and go so when you say unmastered and 06db, is that the same as normalizing the final mix to that level or is it more complicated than that? Thanks for the help.
                  Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                  Are you ready? It's that time again...Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 4!

USER SUPPORTED

Ambient Online opened it's doors on Nov. 16th, 2012. We maintain our presence and relevance on the internet from one simple thing: user participation. Without it, we wouldn't be here. The site would simply cease to exist. As you know, in order for the lights to stay on we ask all of our users to participate in our "compilation albums" where you can submit up to two pieces of your own original ambient works. We only grow bigger and our compilations keep getting better. Will you join us again? This is your opportunity.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

Because this is a digital release, submissions can be any length. Up to 2 submissions per artist is appropriate. Collaboration tracks between members are not only welcomed, but encouraged. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss any possible collaborations among you. When you're ready to submit, let me know and I can provide you with a dropbox invitation.

All submissions should be unmastered and in aiff, wav, or flac format. New, unreleased, original material is preferred.

SUBMISSIONS DUE: March 15th, 2015

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to message me.

Cheers,
                  -S1gns

p.s. Once again, this is the MEGA THREAD for the next 45 days. Feel free to use it however you'd like, confirm participation, request collaborations, talk amongst yourselves...anything! The bar has been set pretty high for the AO Comps...it's going to take a major push to reach it. Let's do this!

Comment

Originally posted by sklawlor View Post
                    Hello. I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to recording, meaning I use hardware to record initial tracks and then do post processing in sound forge and audacity. I don't like the idea of having everything hooked up to a computer, just like to hit record and go so when you say unmastered and 06db, is that the same as normalizing the final mix to that level or is it more complicated than that? Thanks for the help.
                    No problem. Just create your music the way you normally create it. I will be able to tell just by looking at it if it needs "mastering" or not. We're on our fourth compilation album...we've got this down to a science by now! No worries.

Creativity first, engineering second. ;)

Cheers,
                    -S1gns
                    Synphaera Records
                    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

My track : Dream Dust

Hello all member,

I suggest you listen to "Dream Dust" So I submit that track for the compilation ...!

https://soundcloud.com/alienwaves/dream-dust

EnJoy!
                      Miroslaw

Comment

Anyone interested to do a collaboration?
                        Just drop me a message !

Here's my bandcamp if you're curious about my work
                        http://robertfarrugia.bandcamp.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply, S1gns!

Now that i saw the albums in Bandcamp, i saw they cost money, just curious about where goes all that money. Charity? Website? We collaborators will receive some funds? Or how goes this exactly?
                          Thanks for your time and have a nice day
                          https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin

Comment

The money made from the albums goes toward the running costs of maintaining the site, which if I'm not mistaken, are fairly expensive.
                            https://soundcloud.com/negativespectrum

My record label
                            http://xenomorphrecords.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Negative Spectrum View Post
                              The money made from the albums goes toward the running costs of maintaining the site, which if I'm not mistaken, are fairly expensive.
                              This.

If you have any further questions, just let me know.
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Also putting in a plug for anybody who wants to try their hand at creating cover art for this release!

Submissions will again be open to everyone and I'll get a consensus when it comes time to choose a winner.

We've done really well with the first 3 releases. I love the cover art for all of them!

I know Neg Spec has been dabbling in fractal design lately. We've also got a bunch of artsy types among us. Feel free to post your ideas below!

Cheers,
                                -S1gns
                                Synphaera Records
                                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                                X