Why Nebula?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Nebula?

Why Ambient is haunted by the name 'Nebula'?

Nebula synth, Nebula presets/patches in synth, Nebula in track titles...

"It came from outer space" ? ;)
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Probably because it is related to "nebulous," as they share the same Latin root. Ambient music can be nebulous meaning misty, amorphous, enigmatic, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbotov View Post
      Probably because it is related to "nebulous," as they share the same Latin root. Ambient music can be nebulous meaning misty, amorphous, enigmatic, etc.
      Interesting etymology - thanks!
      SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
      Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
      "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

I agree with Bob.

I feel like it has more to do with the aesthetic and nature of the music/soundscapes, themselves. Like, as an intrinsic kind of thing. Of course ambient music can differ and range and one artist can sound leaps and bounds separate from another, but there is definitely spacey sounding ambient out there. Just has that vibe to it.

Um.. on the flip side, some ambient music makes me think of strictly the ocean and the ocean depths and all it's mystery. I suppose the void and the ocean have that link in common, mystery. ​

Haha, anyways, I feel like.. this is stuff that everybody already knows, right? Mm, the association of ambient with space, great unknowns, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X