Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The evenings frivolity

1. Open your DAW of choice
    2. Create a one bar midi loop with a note on each beat.
    3. Add a synth/whatever playing a short, impulse like sound (I chose a short, sharp 'piano' sound in Xhip but choose whatever you want, kick, closed hihat, string pluck...)
    4. Open your effects folder and add *every* delay you have, alphabetically.
    5. Post your drone!

Rules: Stick to pure delays, no multieffects, 'inbetween' effects (eg. Surreal Machines Diffuse), Reaktor ensembles (that would be silly...) Don't touch anything, leave the default patch in place (maybe tweak the wet/dry mix if default patch is set for a send effect). You can select a different patch if the default is 'blank' or not a straight dealy (eg. Ubermod).

This was the result of a chain of fifteen delays:

Xhip (Piano preset) > bkDelay > Ecox > LaGrange > Nasty DLA > PSP cmDelay > ReaDelay > Ronin > Sigmund > Spaceship Delay > tkDelay > UA Instant Delay > UA Sandman Pro > Valhalla FreqEcho > Ubermod (8tap cluster delay, first delay in preset list) > vandelay

Participants with an unusually high number of delays (don't think I have to name names) should take care that the local space-time continuum is left as they found it.
    Last edited by GaryG; 05-13-2018, 02:19 AM.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Elektron Analog Keys -> Analog Keys in-built delay -> HY delay -> Hysteresis -> Reaper readelay -> TAL Dub -> TAL Dub II -> TAL Dub III -> Valhalla FreqEcho -> Valhalla UberMod (Warped Tape preset).

I bent the rules a little bit as simply turning everything on sounded a bit boring. So I started with the dry signal and then added the wet on each delay in order. I also adjusted time and feedback on some since they were preset to 0. Sorry about that!

Comment

i promise to do as the rules state, but give me a day or two.

every delay? mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCD View Post
        Elektron Analog Keys -> Analog Keys in-built delay -> HY delay -> Hysteresis -> Reaper readelay -> TAL Dub -> TAL Dub II -> TAL Dub III -> Valhalla FreqEcho -> Valhalla UberMod (Warped Tape preset).
        Nice work,

I bent the rules a little bit as simply turning everything on sounded a bit boring. So I started with the dry signal and then added the wet on each delay in order. I also adjusted time and feedback on some since they were preset to 0. Sorry about that!
        No worries, that's actually a neat idea, bringing them in one at a time. And, yeah, if the default patch is blank (or not strictly a delay as Ubermods is) then twiddling is acceptable.

I'll add my chain to my post for the curious.
        Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
          No worries, that's actually a neat idea, bringing them in one at a time. And, yeah, if the default patch is blank (or not strictly a delay as Ubermods is) then twiddling is acceptable.
          Thanks!

This little challenge finally made me switch on my gear after a month of not playing a single note. It also made me realize I have other plugins, not just the UberMod

Comment

Working...
          X