Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Spectrum
    replied
    Thanks for posting this Jespis, I just got my email from Allister, very good reviews

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
    I'll be having a marathon listening experience here! Looks like everyone has been super busy making sweet tracks. So far I have been enjoying what I've been hearing.

Great work people!
    Indeed, I'm really proud of how it all turned out. A worthy compilation to be certain. Jus think, we put the entire thing together in only one month!

Excellent work everyone. :tu:

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    I'll be having a marathon listening experience here! Looks like everyone has been super busy making sweet tracks. So far I have been enjoying what I've been hearing.

Great work people!

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Great idea guys! Check your PM boxes (Neg Spec and Rabbitsquirrel)

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Leave a comment:

• Utu Lautturi
    replied
    Both of the above +++++

Leave a comment:

• Negative Spectrum
    replied
    i think we could send it to make your own taste, i had my first 2 albums reviewed there

Leave a comment:

• rabbitsquirrel
    replied
    I was curious how the comp was doing? I hope we made some cash for AO! :biggrin:
    I was thinking, would it make sense to send it to a couple sites to see if we could get it reviewed? I had a couple of my releases reviewed on a closer listen, and I think the comp would be right up their alley! Does anyone else know of sites that would be interested in reviewing it?

Leave a comment:

• Thought Experiment
    replied
    Bought/downloaded last night, listened to about half of it this morning on the way in to work. (I was very chilled by the time I got here :D - although that probably won't last...). Loving it so far - the track sequencing works beautifully and the volume balance between tracks is very consistent. Thought I heard a bit of clipping on the first track, but as Utu says, that may have already been there, particularly since it hasn't happened on any of the other tracks that I've heard so far

Leave a comment:

• Utu Lautturi
    replied
    From the initial listen I hear digital clipping in a few tracks at their high points (probably there already in the mix), but the overall sound quality is very good. It's truly an amazing compilation!

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
    Quick question for all of those who have "listened" to the entire thing...how does it sound? Did we get it right on the first try? No clicks, pops, distortion, anything?
    None that stood out for me--that's kind of a tricky question given the genre...:D

The album seems to flow well, and has a good overall volume: again, that's just from putting it on and reading, not necessarily critically listening to everything and trying to catch things. I listened as a true consumer!

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Quick question for all of those who have "listened" to the entire thing...how does it sound? Did we get it right on the first try? No clicks, pops, distortion, anything?

Leave a comment:

• Utu Lautturi
    replied
    So, if somebody wants to repost instead of uploading, here it is:
    http://soundcloud.com/utu-lautturi/preview-ambient-online

Leave a comment:

• Negative Spectrum
    replied
    Nice work Utu, This will be going on my Facebook page post haste

Leave a comment:

• Utu Lautturi
    replied
    Re: the above, hell yes it can! SilentFrill is so cool! Awesome work!

That said I am glad to inform you guys I got the preview mixdown ready and uploaded to Dropbox! It's a healthy 20 + minutes long (wanted to give an approximate even 1 min. to most tracks w/blending). I tried to do right wit this and hope I didn't step on anybody's artistic "toes". It's all for promotion's sake anyway, so please forgive me if I've wronged you .

Here's the DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/drjuqyuw47...%20MIXDOWN.wav

Also, below is the description of the release from Bandcamp so everyone can attach it to the preview wherever they spread it. That way the whole release will be uniform.

---

This is the first ever compilation created exclusively by the members of the ambient producer's website, ambientonline.org! Ambient Online is the number one ambient music community on the web. Ambient online is your source for ambient discussions, contests, ambient chat, and tons more. All proceeds of the sale of this album go directly to the maintenance of the site so each album sale is for a good cause. Support ambient online today!
    http://www.ambientonline.org/
    http://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/

Tracklist:
    1. All Sins Past - Fallen and Forgotten
    2. AoVI and Yuroun - Tranquility Base
    3. Ambient Sketchbook - Swimming Underwater in the Darkness
    4. Ascendant - The Milky Seas
    5. Ciberithm - Exit 41
    6. IOK-1 - In a place where time does not exist, the old ones slumber
    7. Jespis - so high into easy
    8. Metadronos - Tillatagra
    9. Mikusan - Mapping The Stars
    10. Negative Spectrum/tonecarver - ambient 1
    11. Negative Spectrum - Predisposed To Psychotic Behaviour
    12. Phoenstorm - correcting for nodal precession
    13. Rabbitsquirrel - Suspended by twine she spoke of dust and crimson
    14. SilentFrill - Proud
    15. Sleep,Data - Your Bones (Part Two)
    16. Toaster - Indifferent Angel
    17. Tonecarver - TheLetter
    18. Utu Lautturi/Red Clouds - A Look Forward to a New World
    19. Utu Lautturi - Tickbit
    20. Windspace - Confused, Forgetting and...
    21. Yuroun - Matter and Contrast

Released 15 August 2013
    Produced by S1gns Of L1fe (www.s1gnsofl1fe.com)
    Mastering by Negative Spectrum of Xenomorph Records (www.xenomorphrecords.com)
    Last edited by Utu Lautturi; 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IOK-1
    replied
    Originally posted by Toaster View Post
    And I see my track is the longest on there. I should really learn to shut up a bit. Or you should all learn to drone on. One or the other.
    Mine is the second longest. And it's a rather short track coming from me. If I average about 17 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X