Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any VST plugins for making guitar signal sound like an orchestra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any VST plugins for making guitar signal sound like an orchestra?

I tried MIDI convertors before, but latency and quality was a big problem. I also tried to add Shimmer reverb (valhalla) and most of my songs sound the same, although this plugin can't really make the sound close to orchestra, despite it can add a very nice atmosphere.

P.S : I also asked this question on reddit, but I think I can get better answers here.

Not that I know of.....
    Bandcamp / Soundcloud / Website

Comment

depends what you mean by orchestra - something like Adaptiverb can do very shimmery chords from single notes
      BANDCAMP https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GregH View Post
        depends what you mean by orchestra - something like Adaptiverb can do very shimmery chords from single notes
        I really mean something shimmery, but with more organic sense than digital/electronic sense.

Comment

Vernon Reid experiments with a lot of stuff like that. I might see what MIDI pickup setup he uses. It seems to work good for him.

Comment

Best things I've heard are not VSTs but the electro harmonix pedals, mellotron, organ, synth etc. Seem to track really well and sound pretty amazing. But then I've heard some amazing midi parts from a guitar convertor too, I think modern ones are so much better than they used to be.
            Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom View Post
              I tried MIDI convertors before, but latency and quality was a big problem. I also tried to add Shimmer reverb (valhalla) and most of my songs sound the same, although this plugin can't really make the sound close to orchestra, despite it can add a very nice atmosphere.

P.S : I also asked this question on reddit, but I think I can get better answers here.
              sounds more like you want a good guitar pitch to midi system. Then you can play anything - also worth noting that delays are inevitable and you will just have to get used to them. Lots of orchestral instruments have delays to the onset of the sound eg Tuba and even stage electric guitarists have the difference between hitting a note and it coming out the speaker some distance away
              BANDCAMP https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I don't know about a particular VST that turns any given audio into orchestral sounds, but maybe pitch shifting in parallel would be worth a try? I often use an octaver (octave down), reverb/delay and on occasion some chorus on volume swells to get a kind of cello-y sound.
                You could try sending your guitar signal to a couple of different tracks that all have different degrees of shifting and chorusing going on and experiment with different delays and reverbs. If one octave down is your "cello", then two down might be a contrabass, one or two up a violin? Play some single note swells and see how it turns out. I could imagine that it would at least get you in the sonic ballpark of a string section. It's no orchestra, but at least it's something...
                This might be a major pain in the behind to set up in your DAW and since I've never done anything more than one octave down mixed with the original signal, this is just pure guesswork from my part. But if it doesn't work out the way I imagine it, it should at least give you some interesting sounds. And isn't that what we're all here for?

Comment

Originally posted by Stibington View Post
                  I don't know about a particular VST that turns any given audio into orchestral sounds, but maybe pitch shifting in parallel would be worth a try? I often use an octaver (octave down), reverb/delay and on occasion some chorus on volume swells to get a kind of cello-y sound.
                  You could try sending your guitar signal to a couple of different tracks that all have different degrees of shifting and chorusing going on and experiment with different delays and reverbs. If one octave down is your "cello", then two down might be a contrabass, one or two up a violin? Play some single note swells and see how it turns out. I could imagine that it would at least get you in the sonic ballpark of a string section. It's no orchestra, but at least it's something...
                  This might be a major pain in the behind to set up in your DAW and since I've never done anything more than one octave down mixed with the original signal, this is just pure guesswork from my part. But if it doesn't work out the way I imagine it, it should at least give you some interesting sounds. And isn't that what we're all here for?
                  Haha, yes. It can give me a string section sound and to be honest, I've done it before. There's also another option, I can record different lines through different tracks. It really can give me a "Chorale" type of music as a result. And sounds also can be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X