effects pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effects pedals

i use a lot of effects pedals to create my soundscapes. what kind of analog stomp boxes you guys using? i have a fondness for death by audio, styrmon, earth quaker devices.

https://soundcloud.com/magnesson/valis-redeem-mixdown

here is an example of many different pedals colliding together in 8 tracks of my madness

I like your work...a lot!

Welcome to Ambient Online :thumbsup:

Comment

Good stuff man. I often talk about how one day I'm going to go to the Strymon website and click the BUY EVERYTHING button.

That day hasn't happened yet, but until then...I'll continue to enjoy the magic that others create.
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

great stuff i have a el cap blue sky and just got the big sky! i also am waiting on may custom jazz master i having built by Pailer guitars and i am waiting on my industrial electric RM-N1 CANT WAIT!!!!!! after that i am going to get more serious about writing and recording and put some albums out. i can only imagine getting more serious then i already am but, work to perfecting whatever it is i am doing. i kinda view everything i have do this far as sketches

Comment

My present rig (for guitar), Philosopher's Tone, Ethos Overdrive (clean mode only), Superego, Cathedral, ElCapitan (delay), Rainbow Machine, Deco (tape satuator), an Aleph, and an Infinity Looper.

You can hear the guitar run through most of that junk, which is a fairly prominent part of this track

I recently did a trade for a Metasonix filter, and that's running on this as well, making the bass bassier.

Comment

...just wanted to speak up for non-analog stomp boxes :biggrin: most of the time I abuse them & apply to synths things I use include for example a Hardwire phaser.
            Last edited by phoenstorm; 02-07-2016, 10:33 AM.
            www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

how do you like the deco? i have the rainbow machine as well that thing is crazy!!!

Comment

i have a micro korg i bought a few years back but hadn't really done anything with it, soon after i saw they came out with the micro kong xl i think it is i liked it better because you start with a simple sound then build. i haven't been able to get my head around building patches yet so i manipulate the presets and run it through dirt and all the other little fun pedals i have. at some point i will start messing with the micro kong again or see if i can trade it for the xl

Comment

Originally posted by magnesson View Post
                  i also am waiting on may custom jazz master i having built by Pailer guitars
                  I've never heard of them so had to google them... do you mean these guys: http://www.palirguitars.com/ ? Whatever, some gorgeous guitars on that site, especially the worn tobacco finish Teles.

I like the idea of playing guitar but never got far at all so just have a cheap jazzmaster copy for now. Though saying that, probably the guitar I've felt happiest with (shape, trem, plonky 'indie rock' tone, buzziness... ) I never had many pedals and am now totally in the box (NI Guitar Rig mainly) though may build a collection up again in the future, no denying the instant tweakability.
                  Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Yes that's it them. They are local I haven't heard of them either until I moved here and saw one in a showcase at a local pizza place. I talk to the owner and they told me that was there son in law. So I am getting a imperial which is his jazz master it will have a ship wrecked finish with a heavy roasted neck. I am super excited about it. Mastery bridge. I have always been a big fan of the jazzmaster he has several very nice tele style guitars. All hand built all custom. Should get it in a month I'll post a pic once I get it!!!

Comment

Please do, sounds awesome.
                      Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by magnesson View Post
                        how do you like the deco? i have the rainbow machine as well that thing is crazy!!!
                        I like the deco a great deal; the saturation effect is subtle, but adds a 'something' to my overall sound; the doubletracker works well, and you can use it for slap echos and such. Their modelling is really second to none.

Comment

This should provide that warm, glowing, "hands-on" experience:-

https://reverb.com/blog/zvex-launche...5145b-58569209
                          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                            This should provide that warm, glowing, "hands-on" experience:-

https://reverb.com/blog/zvex-launche...5145b-58569209
                            It will certainly give zvex's banker a warm, glowing feeling...

Comment

It's not analog...but I just got a Korg SDD-3000 delay pedal on sale at Sweetwater. Have not had a lot of time with it yet, but so far, I really like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X