More delays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More delays

Thinking of expanding the delay section of my ambient setup with a multi unit. I have three very basic machines that I've used for years for live playing.I am finding on my current ambient excursion they are wanting. An old Boss DD3, a Biyang baby boomer analogue delay and and a Marshal reflector reverb.

I am looking at two units in particular. I am also open to suggestions but the more expensive offerings [strymon etc] are a little exie for me at the moment

Mooer Ocean Machine - 2x delays and reverb
    TCE Flashback triple delay -

Wondering if anyone here has had experience with either of those units - recommendations in that price bracket would be useful as well

No experience myself but Bill at Chords of Orion reviewed the Mooer positively...

Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

How about the Oto Bim? It is a 12-bit delay reminiscent of 80's style and has MIDI capabilities

I might sound like I am insane, but multi-effects pedals don't do it for me -- the Mooer Ocean looks and sounds great but, I already have the Strymon BigSky so I do not need another Reverb -- I need another delay and there are tons of cool analog delay pedals out there, but none have MIDI (which is a necessity so I am not having to write down knob positions for each song and dial them in - I want to just press a button)
      Does anyone here use the Oto Bim delay? It looks very interesting but cannot find any reviews or videos on YouTube where someone uses it in their guitar rig

Comment

Seen the Oto in my travels but not a lot of info. Must admit being a single analogue delay unit there is not much personal appeal.

Multiple configurable delays is what i'm lusting for. I read that the MOM has more of a lo fi tone. Not that this is a dis as it does provide some excellent textures if at times a bit mushy. Leaning more towards the TCE flashbackx3 lately. From what i am hearing the output has more clarity

I am thjnking the reverb in the MOM tends to muddy the waters a little however i do like that it has more preset options. The TCE triple though has a simple no nonsense layout that is apeal

ATM price point is a deciding factor with thE MOM being offered round here at pretty attractive pricing.

Comment

What do you guys think about the Boss DD500? Supposed to be similar to Strymon Time Delay, but cheaper by a couple of hundred dollars.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...yABEgLU6fD_BwE

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DD500

Also, people have complained that power supply does not come with the Strymon, but is included with the Boss.
          "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I have thought of getting the DD500 as my second delay unit - tons of functionality -- I would love an analog delay with MIDI functionality but not sure those are made

Comment

I fully endorse more delays.

Comment

Check out the SA Nemesis Delay...

Ambient Guitar Soundscapes
                https://themonkbythesea.bandcamp.com/

Comment

nice patches - for the price though the TCE triple may be better value -
                  btw Iohannes the link in your sig is dead -

Comment

This currently has my attention -- seriously thinking of purchasing it

Comment

OK, this is wacky, but Ivan Ujevic recently posted a piece using this pedal for amp modeling (w/El Capistan delay). I checked it out online, and well, it's really pretty cool. Talked to my sales guy at Sweetwater and he said they are selling a ton of them. You can run 6 effects at one time; delays, reverbs, amp/cab modeling, distortion. This thing is packed. Will it sound like a bunch of Strymon pedals? No, I doubt it.
                      The thing is, new at Sweetwater, they are $99! Some reviews say the interface is clunky, and not good for live playing, but if you want a multi-effects pedal, it's worth a look
                      Zoom's MS-50G MultiStomp guitar pedal combines the power of a multi-effects device and the flexibility of an amp modeler in a single compact stompbox. With its 55 custom guitar effects and amp models, an easy-to-use interface, onboard chromatic tuner and versatile power options, you'll be surprised at how much the MS-50G has to offer.
                      Latest YouTube piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgprMQmEmM&t=5s
                      www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Originally posted by whispersinspace View Post
                        OK, this is wacky, but Ivan Ujevic recently posted a piece using this pedal for amp modeling (w/El Capistan delay). I checked it out online, and well, it's really pretty cool. Talked to my sales guy at Sweetwater and he said they are selling a ton of them. You can run 6 effects at one time; delays, reverbs, amp/cab modeling, distortion. This thing is packed. Will it sound like a bunch of Strymon pedals? No, I doubt it.
                        The thing is, new at Sweetwater, they are $99! Some reviews say the interface is clunky, and not good for live playing, but if you want a multi-effects pedal, it's worth a look
                        The Zoom is always a recommended pedal over on The Gear Page -- seems like a great introductory pedal for those looking to get into pedals without the cost of Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Comment

Re: TCE Flashback triple delay.... I had one last year for a while. I liked it. It was great to have 3 delays available, in parallel or serial. Tons of combinations. I'd say all the engines are "good...very good..... no issues." I preferred Strymon's sounds (but, hey, the Dig + El Cap + Timeline you're getting up around a grand.) So, price a plus for the Triple.
                          What I didn't like about the Triple is the interface: you flip a switch to say "I'm setting Delay 2 now" and set all your dials. Then you flip that switch to access Delay 3, and change settings,.... but now you can't "see" what Delay 2 settings were. I want a pedal where I can look down there and see what I've got. So I sold the Triple. Other than my picky interface issue: Great sound, lots of flexibility with 3 delays, excellent price.... you won't be disappointed.
                          Latest YouTube piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgprMQmEmM&t=5s
                          www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Originally posted by whispersinspace View Post
                            Re: TCE Flashback triple delay.... I had one last year for a while. I liked it. It was great to have 3 delays available, in parallel or serial. Tons of combinations. I'd say all the engines are "good...very good..... no issues." I preferred Strymon's sounds (but, hey, the Dig + El Cap + Timeline you're getting up around a grand.) So, price a plus for the Triple.
                            What I didn't like about the Triple is the interface: you flip a switch to say "I'm setting Delay 2 now" and set all your dials. Then you flip that switch to access Delay 3, and change settings,.... but now you can't "see" what Delay 2 settings were. I want a pedal where I can look down there and see what I've got. So I sold the Triple. Other than my picky interface issue: Great sound, lots of flexibility with 3 delays, excellent price.... you won't be disappointed.
                            I wanted the TC Triple Delay pedal , but then I found out the MIDI function was only for a Time Clock and not for presets -- that killed it right there -- plus I like delay pedals that have an LED screen (except for my new obsession - the THYME (see a few posts above))

Comment

Never thought of the interface issue and that would kill it for me too - maybe the Mooer OM after all - being a short max delay of 2 secs does not excite me though.
                              BTW I did look at the Zoom multi units and they look like a good way in - I liked the MS-70CDR [chorus delay reverb]
                              heres a mate of mine demoing it

Comment

Working...
                              X