Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

AVAILABLE NOW: Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 9 (Part One)

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/a...ume-9-part-one

NEW! You can now donate to Ambient Online using crypto currencies. Use the link below to get started.

https://1upcoin.com/donate/s1gnsofl1fe
See more
See less

Taurus Servo pedal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus Servo pedal

Anyone have experience with this pedal? Is this akin to the Chase Tone Secret Preamp or BBE Sonic Maxizer?

I went to their website, and, well, I'm always suspicious when I see language like: "By using SERVO you will notice how rich in the aliquots sound of your instrument is....". Say, what? I guess they are in Poland and couldn't afford an English editor. OK, no problem.

But the demo sounds pretty good. Seems like preamp on a pedal. Actually it's something I've been looking for. I wonder if it is really as clean (huge issue for me) as the demo sounds; or are they cleaning up the noise in the DAW?

Very curious, I could be interested....
    Latest YouTube piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgprMQmEmM&t=5s
    www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Yeah plenty of buzzwords but they are a Polish company and , knowing a Polish immigrant friend of mine - he tends to use “big” words when “simpler” words will do

Comment

Have you checked out this pedal?
        www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Only from the videos - I already have the Chase Tone Secret Preamp - which is amazing - so not sure if i should get this one as well

Comment

Whatever, I'm adding "aliquots" to my list of potential band/project names.
            Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by DreamPop View Post
              I already have the Chase Tone Secret Preamp - which is amazing - ....
              I checked the website, Youtube, etc. on the Chase Tone Secret Preamp.... wondering what your thoughts are? Some say it does/doesn't boost. What do you think?

Is it clean, (like totally noise-free)?

Since it's not stereo, I'd have to use it up front in my chain, while Kyle Chase suggests at the back end. What about you?
              www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Originally posted by whispersinspace View Post

I checked the website, Youtube, etc. on the Chase Tone Secret Preamp.... wondering what your thoughts are? Some say it does/doesn't boost. What do you think?

Is it clean, (like totally noise-free)?

Since it's not stereo, I'd have to use it up front in my chain, while Kyle Chase suggests at the back end. What about you?
                I have it set for unity volume so there is no boost - you can certainly get a boost if you set it that way
                It is clean - noise-free indeed
                As for the stereo issue - that is why I just bought a second one (Kyle even changed the knob color for me so I would know which one was which) so now, out of my Strymon BigSky I run the left out to one Secret Preamp and the right out to another Secret Preamp
                Last edited by DreamPop; 02-08-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

"As for the stereo issue - that is why I just bought a second one..."

Wow, that's a clever idea, didn't think of that.

What is it you get from the pedal. Everyone talks in "mythical" terms about it..... "sprinkling fairy dust" and the like. If you don't get boost, I assume you would say, what, "warmth", "fatty", "thickness"..... how do you describe it?

To refresh your memory of my setup, I don't use an amp. I go out of my Ventris reverb into the Neunaber Iconoclast Speaker Emulator, into the recording interface. I assume (if I had 2), I'd put them between those 2 pedals, or maybe after the Iconoclast. But I could put it up front of my chain (as some folks seem to do), say, after compression, before distortion.

Thanks for your thoughts.......
                  www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

I have it set for unity volume so there is no boost - you an certainly get a boost if you set it that way
                    It is clean - noise-free indeed
                    Just wondering two things:
                    1) Did you try placing the single Secret Preamp up front in your chain? Seems like that's sort of the normal place for a preamp in the real world (i.e.guitar-compression-distortion-preamp-effects loop for delay/reverb-amp). Wonder why Kyle suggest placing it at the end?
                    2) If I could ask a favor: to set the Volume up beyond unity, to see if any noise (how much) occurs?
                    Thanks!
                    www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Just wondering two things:
                      1) Did you try placing the single Secret Preamp up front in your chain? Seems like that's sort of the normal place for a preamp in the real world (i.e.guitar-compression-distortion-preamp-effects loop for delay/reverb-amp). Wonder why Kyle suggest placing it at the end?
                      2) If I could ask a favor: to set the Volume up beyond unity, to see if any noise (how much) occurs?
                      Thanks!
                      I had originally placed it in the middle so I could still run stereo and it sounded amazing -- however, based upon Kyle's recommendation, I have placed (now both of them, so as to run in stereo) and sounds equally as amazing -- while I do not believe there is a "bad" spot to place it - I think running it last, as the builder suggests, is the way to go (however, everyone's pedal board setup is subjective)

Comment

I had originally placed it in the middle so I could still run stereo and it sounded amazing -- however, based upon Kyle's recommendation, I have placed (now both of them, so as to run in stereo) and sounds equally as amazing -- while I do not believe there is a "bad" spot to place it - I think running it last, as the builder suggests, is the way to go (however, everyone's pedal board setup is subjective)
                        OK, I ordered the Secret Preamp. If I love it, (like everyone else seems to online!), I may get another and set it up in stereo at the end of my chain. For now, it'll go after my drive pedal. Thanks for the feedback.....
                        www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

OK, I ordered the Secret Preamp. If I love it, (like everyone else seems to online!), I may get another and set it up in stereo at the end of my chain. For now, it'll go after my drive pedal. Thanks for the feedback.....
                          Great!!! Kyle builds them pretty quickly so you should have it sooner rather than later

Comment

I use Taurus SERVO. I will tell you honestly that the simplest effect I've seen and heard. Without any high-volume marketing, this small cube just works! It mixes well in a music band. I use it in the studio for electric and acoustic guitars and bass guitar. It is not a compresor, bufer or mazimizer at all.

Servo makes the game light and pleasant. What disappears in the mix of the song suddenly appears clearly and clearly. My instrument suddenly gets the support I've been looking for ever. The compressor does not give me SERVO! Wedges or grooves are more exposed as if they were aliquots. Feel it at hand! I recommend electric guitarists, acoustic guitarists and bass players for guitarists. For home, professional and stage studios.

That's only my opinion :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X