Clear All

• So many delays...

https://www.musicradar.com/news/22-o...he-world-today

(with apologies to DreamPop... ;))
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Why apologies to me?

Comment

I would guess it is because it talks about a bunch of pedals, and you just finished your board. GaryG used to be the "Enabler Mod" and tempt those of us with low resistance to delays to get even more.

He's pure evil.

Comment

"....used to be...." ROFLMAO

The old order changeth
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Funny..... IMHO, I find that there's lots of choices in delay pedals, most have good things on them. I sold my Timeline, and now just focus on my Nemesis, El Cap and Dig. There's something liberating about not having that big Timeline monster in the mix, which I was constantly tweaking and fussing with and frankly, spending too much time in the muddle of it. The Nemesis, El Cap, Dig are in a way, much simpler: sort of WYSIWYG. Pick a setting and make some music. I really like that. And the Nemesis has 24 engines (if you crank up the Neuro app, which is simple).
          Re: the Nemesis and the Neuro app..... I plug the Nemesis USB into my PC and run the pc-based Neuro app.....I set up a loop of, say, swelled chords on my looper and feed that into the Nemesis. Then I can sit at my PC and step through any of the 24 delay engines and dial them in and listen to the swell sound with that delay. When I find a "new" sound, or a sound I'd like to experiment with, I hit the download button and stash that delay sound (with all the associated parameters) into one of the 12 switch settings on the pedal. So it allows me to every once in a while, get on there and "pick a new sound". Not quite as good as say, buying a new delay pedal, but also a lot cheaper (free), and there's no risk. I don't do it a lot, but when I'm Jones-ing for a new sound, I can get one right now for free....
          Latest YouTube piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgprMQmEmM&t=5s
          www.whispersinspace.com

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
            I would guess it is because it talks about a bunch of pedals, and you just finished your board. GaryG used to be the "Enabler Mod" and tempt those of us with low resistance to delays to get even more.

He's pure evil.
            Ahhh now I get it -- now need for any new pedals for me - I am barely scratching the surface on all the pedals I purchased

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI
              He's pure evil.
              tumblr_m3m04zUw2y1rtr1jto1_250.gif

I've been very good recently, haven't even mentioned the intro pricing of W.A. Productions SphereDelay.

<ah blx>

Originally posted by DreamPop View Post
              Ahhh now I get it -- now need for any new pedals for me - I am barely scratching the surface on all the pedals I purchased
              Yeah, just riffing on the idea of you saying you're done and I come along with a whole load of other delays...

I can imagine getting to grips with your board will take a while, fun times.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Love delay the more the better. Two rack unit and 5 pedals. I like to use them as its own instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by magnesson View Post
                  Love delay the more the better. Two rack unit and 5 pedals. I like to use them as its own instrument.
                  I find myself using delays a lot more than reverb nowadays (though software ones...), something about the little cross rhythms you get on more percussive material and the rich drones when you stack a number together with sustained material.

(and hey, magnesson, nice to see you around these parts again).

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks Gary! its nice to be seen! you can get a reverb(ish) sound with delay if i was forced to pick only one effect yeah its going to be a delay!

Comment

so is any one using a granular delay? they sound crazy kool but not sure if i could use one.

Comment

so is any one using a granular delay? they sound crazy kool but not sure if i could use one.
                        I think they could be of more use in production than live but, what do I know

Comment

cut sample and stutter is a awesome effect but it seems to cut and sample randomly

Comment

Comment

I use grainspace, Lagrange, Boids, Permut8 in Mozaic mode, and Sandman.

Here's a collaboration I did with some guy where I used some granular delays on his guitar tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X