This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Record Labels Forum!

Being a label owner myself, I felt it was time to provide a sub-forum devoted to all things related to ambient music record labels. Feel free to post your own topics, replies, and even polls if you'd like. I will be updating this post with new information as necessary.

Cheers,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Yeeees! :D

Comment

Well, I was curious how an artist, once accepted to a label such as Synphaera Records could benefit?
      "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by midnightneighbor View Post
        Well, I was curious how an artist, once accepted to a label such as Synphaera Records could benefit?
        I think the prestige of joining a record label with other talented artists is only the beginning of the "benefits" of joining a label.

Synphaera Records is a family of world class ambient music producers and performers and it keeps growing year after year. All of our artists receive equal royalties for their music, distribution on both digital and physical media to over 140 countries, top notch graphic design for their releases as well as in-house mastering from IO Mastering services. In addition, the music of Synphaera Records is regularly heard on nationally syndicated radio programs such as Hearts of Space, Stars End, and Echoes as well as 35+ other established radio and internet radio outlets worldwide including SOMA fm.

You mean those types of benefits?

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

i'm just at the beginning of my journey into distributing my music/seeing if people like it so it will be interesting to read comments from forum members who have more experience in this field. it's big step to pay for a service because there are so many options. Having someone who knows what they're doing and can help guide the newbies is a major benefit

Comment

Thanks for responding to my question Chris.
            Your family is small so far but I would be proud to be among those of you if I were so fortunate to be received.
            I am just shopping out of curiosity mostly.
            I live in Philly so I know Star's End and I hear your exposure there and a few others broadcasts at release times. I would like that benefit of exposure, besides being just an independent BC artist...if I were.
            As far as contract details and such, I guess no reason to inquire about that, I am not at that level.
            My Music

Comment

Thanks for responding to my question Chris.
              Your family is small so far but I would be proud to be among those of you if I were so fortunate to be received.
              I am just shopping out of curiosity mostly.
              I live in Philly so I know Star's End and I hear your exposure there and a few others broadcasts at release times. I would like that benefit of exposure, besides being just an independent BC artist...if I were.
              As far as contract details and such, I guess no reason to inquire about that, I am not at that level.
              No problem at all! It's always helpful to get an insiders perspective, especially you have a goal in mind. Keep perfecting your craft and someday we might see you up there with the rest of the family!

Cheers,
              -S1gns

Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I didn’t even know Labels for Ambient music specifically existed, man do I have a lot to learn

AAH the design for your label is gorgeous!! ;-;

Comment

Chris, how would a member on here go about officially contacting Synphaera Records? Would we send you an initial PM about it..or should all contact be directed towards the label itself? Just wondering..and sorry if you posted this already and I've somehow missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
                    Chris, how would a member on here go about officially contacting Synphaera Records? Would we send you an initial PM about it..or should all contact be directed towards the label itself? Just wondering..and sorry if you posted this already and I've somehow missed it.
                    Contact information is here.
                    My Music

Comment

Contact information is here.
                      Thanks for that..I'd seen it already..but there's no mention of who to contact about submitting work..or even if unsolicited work is accepted. I was just wondering if there was an email address specifically for submission inquiries or contact person that deals with the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post

Thanks for that..I'd seen it already..but there's no mention of who to contact about submitting work..or even if unsolicited work is accepted. I was just wondering if there was an email address specifically for submission inquiries or contact person that deals with the same.
                        Sending you a PM!

And for those curious, Synphaera is run by myself and my partner Don (Phase47). Our contact info is under the "About" section on our website. All inquires welcome!

https://www.synphaera.com

Cheers,
                        -S1gns
                        Synphaera Records
                        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Thanks Chris..got it and replied.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedroom-inc View Post
                            I didn’t even know Labels for Ambient music specifically existed, man do I have a lot to learn

AAH the design for your label is gorgeous!! ;-;
                            Oh, yeah! Ambient labels have existed for a while now, since the late 1980's actually- Atmoworks started in the 80's, run by the artist Vir Unis aka John Hootman, and featured a Ning forum, which no longer exists, where ambient artists could interact- this forum is by no means the first of its kind, although it's the most prevalent right now. There is also Relaxed Machinery, an ambient label run by John Koch Northrup, who was also the co-founder of Atmoworks with John Hootman, and he also featured a Ning social network forum which he gave up in the last two years to found Ello Ambient on Ello. J.K.N. is also a member of this forum.
                            "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Atmoworks started in the 80's, run by the artist Vir Unis aka John Hootman,
                              According to THIS it was started in 2001. Vir Unis may have been recording in the eighties though.
                              Didn't remember seeing any internet , let alone forums in the eighties.

"Hearts of Space" I know was one of the early labels for Steve Roach.

This also confused me;
                              ...and featured a Ning forum, which no longer exists, where ambient artists could interact
                              HERE it sez NING didn't start development until 2004
                              What's up with all this?
                              Last edited by annode; 02-02-2018, 05:09 PM.
                              My Music

Comment

Working...
                              X