No announcement yet.

What are you working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can use contact microphone to record sounds of water heater's boiling session ;)
    Add delays and a little reverb, stretch it and you have nice WARM sounding drone...
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

• Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
      You can use contact microphone to record sounds of water heater's boiling session ;)
      Add delays and a little reverb, stretch it and you have nice WARM sounding drone...
      Don't think I haven't thought about it! :biggrin:

Comment

• I am finishing up six tracks for an Arecibo Record release. It is called Mirages. It should be all done within the next couple of weeks or so. Here is one track called Mirage 5:

http://soundcloud.com/bobbotov/mirage-5/s-IXGlx

Comment

• After a two week hiatus, I can say that the album is inching slowly towards release. Now I am back in "remix mode". Wall of Doubt is back on the agenda.
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

• Comment

• Here is a quick and dirty bounce of the unfinished 3rd part of my upcoming orchestral premiere "Windschatten" - a concerto for Flugelhorn (played by my brother Markus), symphony orchestra (Hamburger Symphoniker) and some live-electronics (myself) which will be performed in a church in Hamburg on May 19.
              In the first and second part the orchestral groups and the the soloist are distributed over different locations in the church, then in the 3rd part they finally come together in the altar area.
              Produced entirely with samples/virtual instruments, not mixed, just one Reverb on everything (VRoom) to simulate the acoustics in the church. To be continued...and I hope to make a decent live-recording of the premiere.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/windschatten-part-3-unfinished

Homepage

Comment

• Sounds great! I wish that I could be there in person to hear the actual performance!!! I like the idea of having the different groups and soloists in different locations and then coming together in the altar area. Sort of live panning; also a powerful metaphor, especially given the venue.

I hear a spot in there that sounds kind of like it's begging for a didgeridoo.
                Last edited by Nemo; 03-21-2013, 02:41 PM.
                My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                  Sounds great! I wish that I could be there in person to hear the actual performance!!! I like the idea of having the different groups and soloists in different locations and then coming together in the altar area. Sort of live panning; also a powerful metaphor, especially given the venue.

I hear a spot in there that sounds kind of like it's begging for a didgeridoo.
                  Thank's - yeah, it's like physical surround, I'll put the 11-piece brass group and timpanies on the gallery in the first part, the strings and woodwinds behind the public, one drummer in the altar area, and the soloist in the middle of the church, then quadrophonic speakers in the corners of the church, also sometimes projecting the sound of shotgun mics which I am positioning outside of the church to capture the surrounding city ambience. Conductor is projected via video monitors so everybody (hopefully) stays in sync.
                  Then in the 2nd part the soloist goes upstairs, the brass players join the drummer at the altar, and finally everyone meets up front. About 50 minutes long, I wrote 3 months straight on this and now have all the parts to finish, but it's worth the effort...Digeridoo, where?

Homepage

Comment

• Originally posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
                    Digeridoo, where?
                    I'm going back to spot the exact location... but you had one place where there is a low growly kind of pulse going on kind of like a bull roarer. If you're using electronics there it might be kind of cool to get that sound naturally. Maybe even have a sort of crossover exchange between the electronics and the natural instruments.

Listening to the "medieval" section now... but I'll be back in a moment...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                      I'm going back to spot the exact location... but you had one place where there is a low growly kind of pulse going on kind of like a bull roarer. If you're using electronics there it might be kind of cool to get that sound naturally. Maybe even have a sort of crossover exchange between the electronics and the natural instruments.

Listening to the "medieval" section now... but I'll be back in a moment...
                      Ahh, I know where you mean now...

Homepage

Comment

• Okay, good!

Comment

• Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                          How exciting!!! Anybody we know? Bring him over to ambient online!!! :biggrin:

Can't wait to hear it!
                          Originally posted by robojam View Post
                          Not sure if anyone knows him. Uses the name 'Pyne' and 'Nests of Disorder'. Dark ambient and black metal in equal amounts.
                          Yeah, but you guys don't want him around here though. I've heard that he's quite a despicable character. :cantlook:
                          Last edited by Pyne; 03-22-2013, 08:27 PM.
                          "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

Comment

• If they let Robojam in, they'll let anyone in.

Comment

• Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                              If they let Robojam in, they'll let anyone in.

This is true... :D

Comment

• I have so far managed to get a couple of hours with the Wall Of Doubt remix today. Basic panning and levelling done. Tweaked a melody line, sorted out a little timing issue shaves of another 12 seconds. I still have to add some revers and EQ it all. I hope to finish this tonight. Earlier than expected for once :eek:
                                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
                                X