Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you working on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jan Roos View Post

    Exciting news! Look forward to hearing this
    Should be ready this Tuesday, January 29th!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aoVI View Post

      Should be ready this Tuesday, January 29th!
      I'm pretty excited too!

      Comment


      • Hey everyone.

        I've got some new VSTi stuff I've been working with and uploaded a new Ambient Wall (what I call my snyth driven pieces) installment to my youtube channel. I tracked all this in Reaper over the course of about 30 hours.

        Comment


        • Gorgeous!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by windspace View Post
            Gorgeous!
            Thanks for the support, windspace. I really appreciate it. Checking out your bandcamp now. This Drone Meditation is awesome. LOVE the auxiliary field recordings. Adds a ton of depth.

            Comment


            • I've got both the drone and ambient tracks for "From Darkness Comes Creation" into Reaper, so now it's time for adding VSTs and leveling and all that fun stuff. I'm also figuring out the themes for my return to guitar albums "Saying Farewell" (next) and "Finding Clarity" (after that). I've dug deep into Devin Townsend's process because I love the layered sound he gets, and I'm getting lots of ideas.

              Saying Farewell requires going through old demos and pieces and trying to wrap my 25 years of making music and the first 37 years of my life up in a bow, so that's going to be a bit of a herculean effort. Finding Clarity picks up from that point, because enough things have happened over the past year and change since then (I'm about a month and a half north of 39 now) that's there enough of an album there too (which is part of the reason I was rather absent from the board last year).

              Plus going through old cassettes and remastering old albums and a new project I plan to start for YouTube shortly and everything else. I might get done one of these days, but probably not.

              I am thankful for
              Homepage | Bandcamp | Instagram | SoundCloud | Spotify | Twitter | YouTube

              Comment


              • I'm currently in the process of putting everything I've done on Bandcamp. I realized that over my career, I've had tracks on comps, solo releases, and releases on now defunct indie labels, and I don't even know how to get copies of a lot of it. Luckily, I found an old hard drive recently with the original mixes of all of it. So, I'm redoing almost everything to have it located in one place. I didn't realize how much work this was going to be. I've got one album done, and still need to remaster three others and several singles, remix and master one, and redo the artwork for two of them. I'm hoping to have all of this done in a few months.

                I want to also do a new track for the latest AO comp. I'll start working on that in a week or so.

                I'm also working (slowly) on a project that is driving me insane. Can't say much about it now, but I'll have more info once it gets closer to realization.
                Last edited by Pharos; 02-06-2019, 05:37 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pharos View Post
                  I'm currently in the process of putting everything I've done on Bandcamp. I realized that over my career, I've had tracks on comps, solo releases, and releases on now defunct indie labels, and I don't even know how to get copies of a lot of it. Luckily, I found an old hard drive recently with the original mixes of all of it. So, I'm redoing almost everything to have it located in one place. I didn't realize how much work this was going to be. I've got one album done, and still need to remaster three others and several singles, remix and master one, and redo the artwork for two of them. I'm hoping to have all of this done in a few months.
                  Welcome to the club!

                  I just set up an archive page on Bandcamp for doing the same thing - going through 25 years of material and remastering all of it, so I have it all in one place. Right now, I've got 15 albums available online (and one more coming Friday), 30 albums of material offline, and over 250 individual pieces here, there, and everywhere. So, I'm going to be busy for a while! I'm also working on reworkings of some of those pieces, trying to do something with over 100 demos (that I culled down from 450 or so), writing new material and planning a couple YouTube projects.

                  It's my five-year plan (if I'm lucky).
                  Homepage | Bandcamp | Instagram | SoundCloud | Spotify | Twitter | YouTube

                  Comment


                  • Pharos : Once you get it all compiled and organized, go and buy a inexpensive external HD and put it all on there. Then write the date on it, repack the drive back up in the retail box and put it in a closet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                      Pharos : Once you get it all compiled and organized, go and buy a inexpensive external HD and put it all on there. Then write the date on it, repack the drive back up in the retail box and put it in a closet.
                      That's a very good idea. Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jvincion View Post

                        Welcome to the club!

                        I just set up an archive page on Bandcamp for doing the same thing - going through 25 years of material and remastering all of it, so I have it all in one place. Right now, I've got 15 albums available online (and one more coming Friday), 30 albums of material offline, and over 250 individual pieces here, there, and everywhere. So, I'm going to be busy for a while! I'm also working on reworkings of some of those pieces, trying to do something with over 100 demos (that I culled down from 450 or so), writing new material and planning a couple YouTube projects.

                        It's my five-year plan (if I'm lucky).
                        Wow! That's a lot of material!

                        Comment


                        • Currently faffing around with my modular, putting stuff through the resonator side of Elements.

                          Mostly noise, with a load of FM

                          https://twitter.com/i/status/1099021714703466496

                          Going quite well, in a way. Got three layers of this stuff going on and I'm routing through Adaptiverb as a send effect and using automation to vary the send amount.

                          So a combination of hardware and software here

                          Oh, and the delay and reverb are all hardware, which means the only VST in use, apart from the usual EQ stuff, is Adaptiverb. For the moment at least... Might try some other weirdness haha
                          I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                          Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                            Currently faffing around with my modular, putting stuff through the resonator side of Elements.

                            Mostly noise, with a load of FM

                            https://twitter.com/i/status/1099021714703466496

                            Going quite well, in a way. Got three layers of this stuff going on and I'm routing through Adaptiverb as a send effect and using automation to vary the send amount.

                            So a combination of hardware and software here

                            Oh, and the delay and reverb are all hardware, which means the only VST in use, apart from the usual EQ stuff, is Adaptiverb. For the moment at least... Might try some other weirdness haha

                            That hardware looks cool.

                            Really good stuff. I listened to Part One of "Breathe" and some "Comfort Food" buy synkrotron.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by haiduk View Post
                              That hardware looks cool.
                              Thanks

                              Really good stuff. I listened to Part One of "Breathe" and some "Comfort Food" buy synkrotron.
                              And thanks again, Luka.
                              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                              Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                              Comment


                              • Slaving over a hot modular, again, getting together a load of stuff to turn into a drone album. I've already recorded a load of stuff and I am now on the last lap, so to speak.

                                Album will be six x ten minute long tracks. All audio will be a mixture of mainly modular drones with some guitar thrown in, although no actual dry guitar sound will make it into the mix.

                                Each piece will have anything from eight to twelve modular drones all being fed into Adaptiverb and other effects, with automation on the send levels as well as the volume for each track.

                                I am planning to be away from home for a short while so I will be transferring the half-completed REAPER projects to my Surface Pro where I will, hopefully, take each piece to completion.

                                I am keeping my fingers crossed for an end of summer release, on Bandcamp... I will no doubt keep you posted
                                I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                                Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X