Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jvincion
    replied
    I've been in a serious deep dive for project development, which is why I've been so quiet lately! In addition to retooling my eponymous project, I've developed another ambient music/art project that the scope of which even baffles me. I'm pretty sure I'm past the point where project management is the main focus (I've got a few demos started), but things keep developing and changing as I go. Those changes are thankfully slowing down and I have a better idea of what I'm trying to do.

Ah, the madness of creativity!

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by The Quietist View Post
    I have a load of tracks to finish and upload - another album and more. I enjoy writing the music and listening to it but the business of publishing it is less attractive to me, especially as I like to do a full and final version for Bandcamp as WAVS.
    Yes, it can all be a bit time consuming. I find that final push a bit frustrating, as all my projects have just numbers as titles up until it comes to publishing. Took me quite a while thinking of what to call my latest album and then come up with some (almost) suitable artwork.

your new projects with your sons sound great - it's fantastic that you have that musical connection with them. I'm looking forward to hearing what you create
    Well, it sounds good, and, yeah, I love it when it happens, but I wish it happened more...

Leave a comment:

• The Quietist
    replied
    Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

Yes, indeed! As are you it seems
    I have a load of tracks to finish and upload - another album and more. I enjoy writing the music and listening to it but the business of publishing it is less attractive to me, especially as I like to do a full and final version for Bandcamp as WAVS.

your new projects with your sons sound great - it's fantastic that you have that musical connection with them. I'm looking forward to hearing what you create

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I'm working on a new track called "Refactor", after 16 months of inactivity. Some of you may even be able to predict how this one is going to turn out.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by The Quietist View Post
    Good to see everyone is busy!
    Yes, indeed! As are you it seems

Me, well, I have been so, so busy since returning from my recent trip.

On the music front, since polishing and publishing my latest album I have started a couple of new things and also been working on some older WIP things.

On Friday I spent a couple of hours at my youngest son's house. He's the one with a Roland TD-17 V-Drum kit. So we recorded quite a few takes of MIDI for two separate projects. One of those projects is my non-ambient electronic track which I posted about here.

And the second project was a rock/metal track for my son, Scott. His mate had recorded a fully fledged idea on guitar using his phone, which I dragged into REAPER a couple of months ago so that Scott could practice to. On Friday we recorded about five takes of MIDI drums.

So pretty much the whole weekend, and most of yesterday, I have been auditioning takes, with the help of Scott on Sunday, and we chose the best bits and tweeked the MIDI where required (the best thing about recording to MIDI instead of audio...).

My non-ambient track is progressing nicely and I think I have the percussion sorted and I am now trying to add some additional melodic guitar parts. Hoping to have that, and the video, finished before the end of the month.

And then there is the next AO themed compilation... Got one Eurorack based track going for that, although not too happy with how it is turning out so my have to move on.

So, yeah, so busy right now... And that's not including life stuff

Leave a comment:

• The Quietist
    replied
    Good to see everyone is busy!

i have written a couple of tracks which will fit into my Alien Landscapes album - replacing a couple i was less than pleased with. also, have a number of tracks for the follow up album (Exit stage Left) and the final album (Leave Your Self Behind) for that particular series.

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I liked that soundtrack too. "Chernobyl" is certainly the best TV series that I've seen this year.

Leave a comment:

• Morteza Jahangiri
    replied
    These days, I'm analyzing and producing horror movie soundtracks. I've really impressed by the work of Hildur Guðnadóttir at Chernobyl TV series.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spicygod View Post
    I think I finally have set up a great workflow using Cockos Reaper and Im beginning to sketch out some new ideas. Here is one the latest sketch iv created.
    Nice! If the sketch sounds this good, can't wait to hear the finished track!

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Jan Roos will be looking forward to hearing it when it's released!

Been working on a long-form ambient piece that will be approximately 30 minutes in length. I am getting a lot of use out of this Roland SP-404 SX Linear Wave Sampler. Things I can do with it that make it much easier and less arcane than trying to do it through the Kronos. I wish I had purchased the unit much earlier!

Leave a comment:

• Jan Roos
    replied
    Finishing the album ‘Pangea AD’. Having some friends/colleagues listening through it and making last adjustments, everything finished within 14 days. Then starting preparing for the release in september.

Leave a comment:

• Spicygod
    replied
    I think I finally have set up a great workflow using Cockos Reaper and Im beginning to sketch out some new ideas. Here is one the latest sketch iv created.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    I more or less drifted off of music creation to do other things for a while- one of which, sadly, was 'grinding' on a new video game- managed to get to level 60 in a matter of a few days.. also managed to squeeze some time in for the season's first lawn-mowing. But today, in the spirit of experimentation, I'll be devoting some studio time to see if I come up with anything worthwhile...The last thing I created I was going to submit to 'Drone Day' but I fear I may have missed that window through the dreaded 'procrastination' malaise, so I will just release it as a single on Bandcamp this weekend..

Leave a comment:

• Jan Roos
    replied
    I´m working with kids music for a show I'm doing based on children's books I´m writing; testing the material out on kids in several kindergartens and schools. Also working on finishing electronic experimental album "Pangea AD" and a new drone-atmospheric-ambient chapter in Structural Tendency "XII- XVII" (from which my current compilation contribution is taken, btw).

Leave a comment:

• jvincion
    replied
    Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

Hi Jason

Any links for the Drone Metal stuff? Or is it still in the oven?
    Still in the oven! I have a cover of Wandering Flame from the Final Fantasy X video game soundtrack that I just did a quick polish of and put back online - the version I posted is from about eight years ago. My version is here: https://www.jasonvincion.com/ffx/Jas...ntasy%20X).mp3 - I guess maybe heavy ambient would be a little more accurate, since it doesn't drone that much.

The new version I'm working on will try to bring all my influences together, but I have a feeling it'll probably sound pretty similar to this. Oh well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X