Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new gear thread (software and hardware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new gear thread (software and hardware)

We all love getting new gear for the studio. Whether it's a plugin you've had your eye on for days or a brand spankin' new piece of hardware with that fresh "new gear" smell sitting right in front of you...we can all agree getting new gear is a feeling like no other.

After debating for a few days, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from T-Racks 3 Deluxe to the brand new CS Grand! I use T-Racks for all my mastering and demo'd some of the new processors recently...and there is definitely a difference. I loaded up a mix and did some cross comparisons...and from my perspective it just sounded "better." I had no choice but to upgrade my rig.

Got some new gear you'd like to tell everyone about? This is the thread to do it in!!!
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Have been demoing and actively using a new dynamic EQ to compliment/substitue my Sonalksis ones - Melda MBandDynamic EQ - which is absoiutely brilliant, the bigger brother MBandAutoEQ costs double as it has more features, so I'm not yet sure which one to get.

Homepage

Comment

Nothing that recently, but ask me again after Christmas...

Comment

I fancy a Zoom H2n multi-functional device
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I've been hoping to purchase the other Fabfilter plugins Im missing.

Right now with their 25% off It makes it tempting to buy at least Pro-C,Pro-L,Pro-Q! Pro-G and Pro-DS don't really interest me right now but i do want to get these eventually!

I also want to crossgrade to Komplete soon so I will mostly have the rest of the major NI software.

It will most likely be 2014 before I can afford all those haha, we'll see though ;)
          Last edited by V0RT3X; 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM.
          -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Comment

So after my "CS Grand" purchase I've still got all my credits from the Group Buy just sitting in my Custom Shop account...oh and by the way, it's just enough to pick up all 4 modules of CSR (Classik Studio Reverb). Yes Please!!! :razz:
            Synphaera Records
            Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I'm trying to sell my redundant Dreamweaver license so I can get in on T-RackS Grand.

Other than that, all I really want are Zebra2 (yet again) and a fretless bass.

Comment

I am considering getting Zebra2 as well. Plus a Dave Smith Evolver...like I need more analogue gear....:daydream:

Comment

I've decided to sell Superior Drummer 2 in favor of a drum synth, but I'm not sure which one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
                    I've decided to sell Superior Drummer 2 in favor of a drum synth, but I'm not sure which one yet.
                    Have you demoed Tremor yet?

Homepage

Comment

Not yet. I just made that decision today, so I don't really know what's available right now.

I sold Chromaphone, though I'll buy that again someday.

Does Tremor cover a wide variety of drum sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
                        Not yet. I just made that decision today, so I don't really know what's available right now.

I sold Chromaphone, though I'll buy that again someday.

Does Tremor cover a wide variety of drum sounds?
                        Totally, have a listen to the demos:

Homepage

Comment

If you're looking for a drum synth, then check out uTonic - it's a great piece of software and lots of tweakability

Comment

Thanks! I'll check them both out.

What about Image-Line's drum synth?

Comment

Lately I've been scouring the web for a good reverb for Ambient drones and stuff

Im not really interested in getting a Dongle, so I've kind of boiled it down to 2Caudio & ValhallaDSP

Any thoughts? Am i missing others out there that might be great that are Dongle Free?
                              -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Comment

Working...
                              X