Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Beneath A Tree That Died View Post
    8DIO has several solo vocal libraries for Kontakt which you can find here: http://8dio.com/instrument-category/solo-vocals/

They're expensive but absolutely superb in quality. I'd also check out East West's libraries, but they too are also expensive. I do not know of any cheap sample libraries, it seems to me that if you're going to find anything it will definitely be above $150.00. Recording vocals/vocal sampling is extremely difficult - hence the price tag.
    Thankyou for the recommendations they are indeed expensive! I am tending now to using other instrumentation as there are two goals - one is to create a recorded piece for a particular musical effect - in that case I can use other instruments. The other goal is to produce a choral work for live performance in which case I can just produce a score and a demo using something like woodwinds.

Listening to various libraries I can see that it is very difficult to get across a good solo vocal and even if someone does capture that in sampling the vocal quality may not be suitable for the specific project anyway.

thanks again for your response
    greg

Leave a comment:

• Beneath A Tree That Died
    replied
    8DIO has several solo vocal libraries for Kontakt which you can find here: http://8dio.com/instrument-category/solo-vocals/

They're expensive but absolutely superb in quality. I'd also check out East West's libraries, but they too are also expensive. I do not know of any cheap sample libraries, it seems to me that if you're going to find anything it will definitely be above $150.00. Recording vocals/vocal sampling is extremely difficult - hence the price tag.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic vocal sample libraries

vocal sample libraries

I am looking for sample libraries for a software driven variation on the piece below - I imagine I will need multiple solo vocal libraries rather than choral libraries, but have never used sampled vocals before so am quite ignorant in this area. Any ideas on suitable libraries? Apparently this piece has been utterly ruined by association with 50 shades of grey which is a real shame as it is lovely music.

Working...
X