No announcement yet.

Video Creation - Tips, Tricks and software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe After Effects is an excellent package, for sure, but it is far too expensive for the amount of times I would use it. And you cannot buy the software outright any more so you have to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud.

I am wondering, is there an alternative to After Effects?

My current video editing software is okay for bringing video clips together, applying filters and adding titles, but doesn't even come close to After Effects...
    https://soundcloud.com/synkrotron

Comment

• Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
      Adobe After Effects is an excellent package, for sure, but it is far too expensive for the amount of times I would use it. And you cannot buy the software outright any more so you have to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud.

I am wondering, is there an alternative to After Effects?

My current video editing software is okay for bringing video clips together, applying filters and adding titles, but doesn't even come close to After Effects...
      Certainly is expensive. Seems to me everything in this particular space is on the pricey side.

https://soundcloud.com/ancientrealms

Comment

• I used a JVC video cam to film the monitor in 1080p resolution while playing the audio file in WinAmp with the Milk Drop vis, and then imported the video into Adobe After Effects, where filters were applied- I used a Kaleidoscope filter on it, I believe.
        "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

• After reading the whole thread, I think no one mentioned Magic Music Visuals. It's an interesting tool to make the abstract videos we all like, using gsl shaders. Lot of presets, but you can make your own if you know the gsl language or download them from the web. I used this to make some videos, and its not bad, quite user friendly. I'll give it a try, as it's fully functional for 30 days and has an affordable price
          Music visualizer, VJ software, live video mixer, music video creator, and much more. Download now for Mac/PC. Fully customizable and audio/MIDI reactive.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiralized View Post
            After reading the whole thread, I think no one mentioned Magic Music Visuals. It's an interesting tool to make the abstract videos we all like, using gsl shaders. Lot of presets, but you can make your own if you know the gsl language or download them from the web. I used this to make some videos, and its not bad, quite user friendly. I'll give it a try, as it's fully functional for 30 days and has an affordable price
            I tried this once and it was completely beyond me.

https://soundcloud.com/ancientrealms

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
              Okay, here's an example of how I used Milk Drop in 2012- post-processed in Adobe After Effects
              This is cool! Too bad I'd need After Effects to do something like this... I did like seeing the examples of how people are using milkdrop though. I think I could do a screen capture of that and then put some effects on it in HitFilm and it might be very interesting... hmmm...

Here's my newest video, if you're interested in seeing the power of the free version of HitFilm for ambient videoscapes check out the very end (starting at 4:18)

Comment

• Nicely done! Interesting music and video. Interesting transitions, as well!
                "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

• I use Final Cut Pro.

Album art and some effects to keep it from just being a still image.

Bandcamp | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by One Human Boy View Post
                    I use Final Cut Pro.

Works well and seems to really go with the music (which is a great song!)

Comment

• Originally posted by EggplantPurpleMoves View Post

Works well and seems to really go with the music (which is a great song!)
                      Thanks!
                      Bandcamp | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by One Human Boy View Post
                        I use Final Cut Pro.

Nicely done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post

Nicely done!
                          Cheers
                          Bandcamp | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                          X