What reference tracks do you use..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What reference tracks do you use..

...if any? I like to tune my ears with some Eno, specifically On Land and the track Lantern Marsh.

I don't use reference tracks.

I understand why it would help in getting levels and eq to a good place but I find having a reference track is distracting.
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
      I don't use reference tracks.

I understand why it would help in getting levels and eq to a good place but I find having a reference track is distracting.
      same here, just try to create my own stuff, some like it, some don't, but it is my own sound. For me the most important thing. At the end it's ambient, there are no strict rules as how an ambient piece should sound. Do whatever you like

Comment

I don't use reference tracks. There aren't any :theskull:
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by frank1985 View Post
          ...if any? I like to tune my ears with some Eno, specifically On Land and the track Lantern Marsh.
          I like the cut of your jib.

I'll use something off of The Pearl, usually Their Memories, Against the Sky, or Lost in the Humming Air, depending on the space or light I'm wanting to work in. If it's got a lot of guitar work then Apollo's on the menu.

I often still end up too quiet for most people, me included.
          Last edited by aoVI; 01-10-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I am using Steve Roach's stuff as reference, because it is extremely well mixed and mastered.

Comment

Working...
            X