• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inage Inspired Dare #14

Image Inspired Dare #14

Here is a photo I took last month:

catched on a wall.jpg

The Rules:

1. There are no restrictions as to how the track is created. All sound sources and processing methods are allowed as long as you have the rights to use them (ie. no sampling of copyrighted tracks, use only samples and recordings you've created or have the rights to etc).

2. The image is only an inspiration, you do not have to use it to generate any sounds (in an application such as Metasynth or Kaleidoscope)

3. The challenge is open for one month. If you're a little late and the thread is still open then please post away or PM me (Ahornberg); this is a fun challenge and entries are more important than the deadline.

4. Submissions should be uploaded to a place available for all AO members. Links should be posted in thread dedicated to the given round. Please, do not use hosting with countdown, CAPTCHA and other obstacles.

5. Winner of contest is chosen by votes cast by AO members.

6. Winner of contest chooses the image for next contest. Photos, digital artwork, pencil sketches... All acceptable. The image can be hosted at Ambient Online or on a site such as Imgur if you feel a high quality copy is preferable.

7. Participants are encouraged to discuss their methods for the benefit of the community.

Entries should be submitted by midnight UTC on Sunday October 16th.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Ahornberg; 10-03-2016, 09:28 PM.
    ahornberg.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/ahornberg

nearly-halfway-through-submission-period bump.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
      nearly-halfway-through-submission-period bump.
      ... seems like people are busy working on AO 7 contributions ...
      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

You're probably right, I'm happy to leave these challenges open ended until people have tracks to submit if that helps.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

oops...didn't notice that there was a new image dare posted. Totally missed it, my bad.
          | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
            oops...didn't notice that there was a new image dare posted. Totally missed it, my bad.
            Still 2 weeks to go
            http://soundcloud.com/tuonela-1
            http://tuonela.bandcamp.com/

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

If everyone is busy on AO7 tracks (I'm not this time) then we can leave this running till after that. That's mid October so we could just pencil in the end of October (that sounds a long way away )

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

2 weeks is plenty of time for me, but I am happy to see the deadline extended if it means more submissions.

Comment

I'm happy with however it goes - here's mine to get the ball rolling...

This is a reworking of an outstanding vocal improv by Utu Lautturi, https://soundcloud.com/utu-lautturi/...ppella-free-dl

I used a standalone demo copy of the Mangle to reshape it, with a bit of reverb, delay, multitracking and opening & closing drones thrown in.
                  http://soundcloud.com/tuonela-1
                  http://tuonela.bandcamp.com/

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Yay!

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

This image has an air of mystery about it. I felt that the stone blocks held an ancient story, a story that was being sung to receptive ears.

Only 4 tracks. I starting playing around with some synth settings. Just twiddling knobs and pushing sliders until I got a sound I liked. Repeated this another three times and here you go.
                      Nothing at all special. Lots of reverb, delay, and some fiddling with modulation and distortion filters. All done in Logic Pro using the built in synths and filters.

Comment

track 1 - used the sample Designed Rocks 04 in the free micropack from Cell Studio(link below), stretched to roughly 12 mins in PaulStretch with tonal, binaural beats in symmetric mode, tweaked the octave mixer(lowering 0 a bit and bumping 1-2 up), and freq2 in filter set to 4000-ish. Added Bus Driver compressor, along with That Thing for the breaking glass.

track 2 - synth is random setting in Art Pyrite vst, nothing added to it

master fx - combination of ReaEQ and MHorse P3

http://www.thecellstudio.com/store/designedrocks/ (there's also an intro offer for full sound pack at http://www.kvraudio.com/nl/34606 good for a couple more days)
                        | Ambire Seiche - @ heart this | @ Sonic Squirrel |
                        | @da

Comment

A week till the original challenge end date...

...would more people submit an entry if I extended it?

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                            A week till the original challenge end date...

...would more people submit an entry if I extended it?
                            Yes, I think so.
                            ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                            soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Sorry peeps... I am unable to get inspiration from images, otherwise I would definitely partake in this challenge.

Sorry :o
                              >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Working...
                              X