Kiageha (Swallowtail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiageha (Swallowtail)

This is my most recent ambient/experimental piece. It was inspired by the lifecycle of the swallowtail butterfly. Please listen with headphones if you can, and thanks for listening!

Patch Notes

This track includes both generative and manually played parts. As always, my goal was to weave these various elements into a cohesive whole.
    • Madrona Labs Aalto
    • u-he Bazille
    • u-he Diva
    • Arturia Buchla Easel V
    • Arturia Pigments
    • Reaktor NOD-E
    • Superior Drummer
    • Valhalla Shimmer
    • Valhalla Plate
    • Valhalla Delay
    • Max for Live
    • Ableton Live
    Zensō @ Soundcloud

A little sweet in the tooth for me. But undeniably lush and very pleasant, well done. Nice choices of sounds/instruments too. Feels like a soundtrack, would be perfect for that.

Comment

Very nice indeed, Alan

Liking the jazz elements to this piece... Well, Pat Metheny sort of jazz, I think.

And, as you know, I have a sweet tooth
      I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Roos View Post
        A little sweet in the tooth for me. But undeniably lush and very pleasant, well done. Nice choices of sounds/instruments too. Feels like a soundtrack, would be perfect for that.
        Thanks, Jan. I really appreciate the kind words. I mostly write these songs for my wife (I have very few ambitions musically otherwise), so they tend toward the sweet, which is her preference. :-)
        Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
          Very nice indeed, Alan

Liking the jazz elements to this piece... Well, Pat Metheny sort of jazz, I think.

And, as you know, I have a sweet tooth
          Yes, indeed! I appreciate the Metheny reference, I’m a big fan going back all the way to the 80’s. Thanks a bunch!
          Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Zenso View Post

Thanks, Jan. I really appreciate the kind words. I mostly write these songs for my wife (I have very few ambitions musically otherwise), so they tend toward the sweet, which is her preference. :-)
            That´s sweet and far more original than buying flowers once a month!
            Yeah, my darker ambient stuff isn´t something I´d push onto my GF, to be honest! ;)
            Thanks for sharing the music, very enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Roos View Post

That´s sweet and far more original than buying flowers once a month!
              Yeah, my darker ambient stuff isn´t something I´d push onto my GF, to be honest! ;)
              Thanks for sharing the music, very enjoyable
              Hi Jan,

I just checked out the single from your new album. Very cool stuff, love the textures and intricate parts. I’m looking forward to hearing the full album and I’ll be checking out your back catalog.

Thanks again, Alan.
              Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Well done !
                Nice to make music according to your wife's preferences. I agree.
                Maybe Pat Metheny, but rather Andreas Vollenweider for me (sounds and arrangements)
                https://espaces-sonores.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Aïma Dust View Post
                  Well done !
                  Nice to make music according to your wife's preferences. I agree.
                  Maybe Pat Metheny, but rather Andreas Vollenweider for me (sounds and arrangements)
                  Thank you! Much appreciated...
                  Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Hi Jan,

I just checked out the single from your new album. Very cool stuff, love the textures and intricate parts. I’m looking forward to hearing the full album and I’ll be checking out your back catalog.

Thanks again, Alan.
                    Thanks, that´s appreciated

Comment

Excellent. Great work
                      | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
                        Excellent. Great work
                        Thanks so much!
                        Last edited by Zenso; 08-06-2019, 08:22 PM.
                        Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Very arctic sounding like something from Andreas Vollenweider.
                          I liked the sounds, very fresh. I thought the generated notes were over used. I would have been more conservative and let them sound for 4 bars every 8 - 10 bars. I think this would help to bring a greater focus to the atmosphere and your very nice played melody. Having them hit every 8-10 bars helps to hold our anticipation for it rather then it going on all the time. It also help to create a 'stride'.
                          "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
                          Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
                            Very arctic sounding like something from Andreas Vollenweider.
                            I liked the sounds, very fresh. I thought the generated notes were over used. I would have been more conservative and let them sound for 4 bars every 8 - 10 bars. I think this would help to bring a greater focus to the atmosphere and your very nice played melody. Having them hit every 8-10 bars helps to hold our anticipation for it rather then it going on all the time. It also help to create a 'stride'.
                            Thanks!
                            Zensō @ Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks!
                              Considering what I wrote, that response was insulting to me. No more soup for you!
                              "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
                              Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Working...
                              X