No announcement yet.

Psi Centauri (a Midinous Collaboration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psi Centauri (a Midinous Collaboration)

this particular piece is also on the latest ambient online compilation

I am calling it a "collaboration" because that is how I am now thinking of referring to stuff that I create with tools such as Midinous, NOD-E, Stochas, etc. all of which can be programmed to play sequences of notes, either fixed or with some random probability involved.

so it's like having a partner in crime, helping me and inspiring me to add to and develop a creation

as per usual, the visual side of the video was created with Chaotica, which, although not the best I have done, isn't too bad

I have tried something different by having a sort of watermark or overlay of a version of my synkrotron logo, and I hope that it isn't too distracting

cheers,

andy

>]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

I like the track but that video is just outstanding to my eyes! Extremely professional looking. Overlay isn't distracting at all, good idea.
    Must have taken some time to create that video? I've done stuff with mandelbulb which I find quite relaxing when I get the chance, but I've never tried my hand at fractal movies.

Comment

great track and video Andy :-)

Comment

Hello there All Ears

Originally posted by All Ears View Post
        I like the track but that video is just outstanding to my eyes! Extremely professional looking.
        I am so happy that you liked the visual aspect of the video

I am always disappointed with my videos when then go online because the quality takes quite a hit when being streamed on YouTube. Perhaps I need to do some more research into the best methods of rendering stuff that is destined for the internet.

Overlay isn't distracting at all, good idea.
        Excellent, and thank you for the feedback

Must have taken some time to create that video?
        It can do, yes, while I am learning how to come up with different stuff.

This particular one was a progression of a theme I had been working on, so it didn't take as long as it would have done making something new.

My main Blender video, also on YouTube, took six weeks solid... I wasn't working at the time so when I say six weeks, it was almost six to seven days a week, twelve hours a day... so much to learn in Blender......

I've done stuff with mandelbulb which I find quite relaxing when I get the chance, but I've never tried my hand at fractal movies.

Mandlebulb does awesome animations, but I have still to dive into that. I find it more of a challenge coming up with anything nice with that software.

cheers, and thank you for listening and watching

andy

Comment

Originally posted by blackivan View Post
          great track and video Andy :-)
          thank you very much Ivan

Comment

Working...
          X