Inner Visions by Makrotulpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Visions by Makrotulpa

This is my new release. Quirky ambient electronic space music influenced by The Orb, electric Miles Davis and cyber-paganism.
    Dedicated to the late Nevill Drury.

Thanks for listening. :listening:

p.s. May cause auditory hallucinations so please listen safely.
    Makrotulpa - SKON - Blog - Soundcloud

ytmv-bz78
    tk86-x6qn
    2tya-u39u
    Redeem it here for a variety of download options.
    http://makrotulpa.bandcamp.com/yum
    Last edited by Makrotulpa; 11-15-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thank you!! Downloading now...

Listened to some of the tracks yesterday, pretty cool!

Comment

Enjoy. Let us know which code you used?

Comment

Absolutely fantastic, thank you so much for your contribution, I downloaded using code > tyk2-eg6e.

Really like the gritty sounds used and how they combine within eachother, the distant fx's, slight hums here n there, right now am listening to The Long Dark Backwards, interesting stuff and a great inspiration for all ambient musicians seeking that extra mental stimulation, polymorphic resonance has just started and immediately am like luv how that heartbeat like sound kicks in at the intro with what appears like someone chatting, only its been slowed right down and its there right back in the distance, yeh neat stuff m8, also really like the titles to, this is deffo the kind of music I like to listen to when am painting.

All in all great work and nicely put together
          Thank you for sharing
          All the best > m3T4FoR

P.s. Am now listening to > The Fruit Returns To The Forest, how did you make that basssy humming sound at the intro?
          it reminds me of a spaceship hovering but not going anywhere, nicely done.
          Last edited by meta4; 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM.
          life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Originally posted by Makrotulpa View Post
            Enjoy. Let us know which code you used?
            I used xzv3-6kuf. Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by m3T4FoR View Post

P.s. Am now listening to > The Fruit Returns To The Forest, how did you make that basssy humming sound at the intro?
              it reminds me of a spaceship hovering but not going anywhere, nicely done.
              I can give you more details later when I have another look at the patch late but that bassy sound is an FM synthesis patch with a 24db LP filter on it at the start. When it starts getting more percussive later i'm just changing mixing in more aggressive modulation and reducing the release slightly. I think ;)

Comment

Well it was nicely done, absolutely loved it, it definately felt like a spaceship hovering, makes me realise much more how excited I get when I listen to that kind of fx, its always refreshing to hear that in someone elses music, like you kno u will immediately like it, kind of touches a place in me if you git me drift, like thats the wonder of dark ambient, you can just do wotever you want but its acceptable to, drones/scapes, luv all that me, inspires me so much especially when I paint, like the music is creeping into my paintings sumhow, adding that extra feel inspiring me to just paint.

But yeh thanks for the heads up regarding the bassy humming sound, when you mention fm, are you talking about fm8 by native instruments? But I kind of get the feeling it maybe about sumfing else, but your music is deffo an eye opener and certainly for my listening list, fantastic work m8.

I have only been here for around 3ish weeks now, I want to badly upload me music in here (SC) but only got 2 at the mo on SC, still working on a 3rd, got sum stuff in the pipeline, I want a variety selection so there is sum difference to, there is the Sample Dare to, but just trying to juggle things, but your music is awesome and really inspires me alot, maybe you cud consider doin sum more stuff with that humming sound in, luv that me, reminds me of the Alien films wiv Sergorny Weaver in.

Great Stuff :rockon:
                Last edited by meta4; 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I mean Frequency Modulation synthesis - which FM8 is very good at - but in my case i'm using a Nord Modular to patch my own FM algorithms.
                  If yr looking for Alien spaceship hum I highly recommend looking for Sleep Research Facility's "Nostromo" album.
                  Also on my Soundcloud (see link in my sig) there is a playlist for Diaspora "Infidel's Guide to Ummo" which you might like. It's over a decade old UFO conspiracy theory drones and stuff.

Comment

Hey thanks so much for the quick reply, especially about the > Sleep Research Facility's "Nostromo" album, I will do sum research on that, deffo gonna listen out for Diaspora "Infidel's Guide to Ummo" sounds like thats deffo up my street m8, thank you so much for the tips :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                    X